Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:00 AM

Codeine & sickness.

Last week I took 2 codeine tablets and was violently sick.

Has anybody else had this reaction to Codeine?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:06 AM

Re: Codeine & sickness.

I didn't feel well on high dose prescribed codeine Carol as I posted on a different thread I was prescribed Solpadol for a severe headache and had to abandon it. Too much codeine can make you feel dizzy and disorientated so that could cause you to throw up. I just felt like my head was spinning.
What dosage were you prescribed?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:22 AM

Yes I have. The dose you get in panadeine forte and things like that should be OK but it's still a touchy drug. I agree too much or too high a dose can really mess with your head. If it doesn't agree with you just avoid it. I wouldn't take tablets with only codeine.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Last week I took 2 codeine tablets and was violently sick.

Has anybody else had this reaction to Codeine?
Yes, me. Did tell the Doc who prescribed them that my Mother was allergic to them, didn't know I was too, til I took them. They made me very sleepy too. I stopped taking them.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:05 PM

yes, me. My husband had to call an ambulance for me because I had a very bad reaction to codeine. I'll never take it again it was very frightening.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:45 PM

Yep, it makes me sick too.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 02:16 PM

Codeine is an opiate , not available OTC unless combined with Paracetamol or
Ibuprofen .
You can ask your pharmacist for a yellow card which enables you to pass on reactions to any drug .This will be sent to the drug manufacturer and is why on the information slip inside packaging you will find a list of what other reactions other people have listed . That doesn’t t mean to say you will suffer any tho .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:04 PM

My tablets were 30mg.
I've taken them in the past combined with other painkillers & had no problem.

This reaction I had shocked me.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 09:56 PM

Yes,same here I took a couple one time and was sick,decided never again.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My tablets were 30mg.
I've taken them in the past combined with other painkillers & had no problem.

This reaction I had shocked me.
Might not have been 30 mgm tho? It’s usually 8 if combined with other painkillers .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top