Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:16 PM

Re: Beware of Greeks bearing gifts............?

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Sue, I was responding to Curmudgeon's post.
Would help if you had quoted it then.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Would help if you had quoted it then.
Slapped wrist for me then Sue.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
But the deficit has risen under the Tories in spite of their austerity measures.
Yes, but the Tories are fighting to get it down , all Labour could think of was borrow borrow to keep the phoney living standard propped up. It works until world financial institutions begin to wonder if you are getting to the point when your interest repayments cannot be covered by your borrowing.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 09:00 PM

this is the best summation of the crisis I've seen so far. Easy and clear to follow:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-2...crisis/6581818
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 10:55 AM

It's not rocket science is it: Money coming in must be greater than money going out.
That is the universal rule of business, and demonstrates the economy status of a country.

Who in the hell lent Greece so much dosh without realising they would never be able to pay it back. I believe it is these people who should take the responsibility and let Greece off. After all, your bank would not lend you money without first studying your ability to pay it back.

Tell them to put their house in order, and write it off. We are supposed to be one big happy family in the EU, how many of us have written off debts by our children from the bank of Mum and Dad. It's only money taken to ridiculous decimal places.

And why is Angela Merkel from Germany and the French bloke calling all the shots? I thought the EU was built up of many countries who all have an equal say in the decision making machinery of the EU? Or have I got it wrong? Should it be 'Germany's European Union?'
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 04:17 PM

I'm getting a bit fed up with the Greek situation now…I wish someone would just make a decision and stick to it. Although I doubt it will happen, I think Greece should leave the Eurozone and sort themselves out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
After all, your bank would not lend you money without first studying your ability to pay it back.
Well actualy they did.
In the run up to the 2008 financial meltdown in America it is now well documented that some banks were lending to people who couldn't (and didn't) even make the first payment

Not quite as crazy in UK

You're basic statement is correct 'tho, the whole concept of loans is that you have the ability to pay it back. If you don't then what the hell is the point of lending.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
how many of us have written off debts by our children from the bank of Mum and Dad. It's only money taken to ridiculous decimal places.
Well in my case when I was 25 I loaned some money to my parents, they were repaying it too but I wrote off the last few payments.

Not the same as the Greece situation although again you are right they should never have been allowed into the Euro currency area.

It is strongly rumoured that GS somehow 'forgot' to include the entire Greek Army tank regiment in their figures.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 05:58 PM

Perhaps they need to greece a few palms ......
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

10-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Perhaps they need to greece a few palms ......
Groan

Yes they did do that Obvious to everyone now.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top