Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 03:54 PM

Re: Beware of Greeks bearing gifts............?

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I know nothing about politics and it appears to me those who make a career out of it don’t know either otherwise we all wouldn’t be in the mess we’re in today, they were in charge and made a balls of it, but to my simple way of thinking it seems to me Germany is now calling the shots in Europe, whatever Merkel the Monarch says goes, like it or lump it, a modern day Bo-Peep with all the European sheep following behind her, and all this talk of every member being equal is poppycock, some are more equal than others as the man said.
Its a good 'un
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
perhaps the Greeks should try Russia for a bail out?

They have but Ivan is a bit boracic at the moment due to the drop in crude oil sales. Probably just as well, if the Greeks pulled their usual trick and said they could not repay due to embarrassing circumstances we would find that part of the EU annexed by Putin in consequence.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 04:34 PM

Hmmm. I'm sorry for the Greek people. I'm not sure the outcome is better than a Grexit. No doubt we will return to the same situation in a few months again...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 04:36 PM

cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Hmmm. I'm sorry for the Greek people. I'm not sure the outcome is better than a Grexit. No doubt we will return to the same situation in a few months again...
Yes, probably, it seems harsh on the Irish as they had their own austerity package to put together in order to pay back their bail out - I don't think the Greek ministers have any intention of sticking to any agreement.
I may be wrong but they seem to say anything just to get the money, they know everyone seems hell bent on keeping them in the EU - goodness knows why.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top