Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 08:50 PM

the hypocrisy of 'religious caring'

Having lived in various Asian countries I am always amazed and dismayed at the hypocrisy of lack of caring for ones fellow humans. What is written in various religious scripts is not carried out in caring for others. I witnessed HK locals show no compassion for Vitetnamnese refugees in the '70's as they were housed in HK camps. The latest incidence is the the hypocrisy of the Malaysians who have taken in thousands of Rohingya people only to let them almost starve on the streets of their country. These people both Christian and Muslim were hounded out of Myanmar by Buddhist majorities. I fear we humans will never learn to care and live together in peace

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-2...-cycle/6575134
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 11:49 PM

Re: the hypocrisy of 'religious caring'

That's awful Gumbud! I always thought Buddhism taught care and compassion to all living things. We know very little about what goes on in Asia. My sister and her family lived in Hk and Kl for several years, they've never spoken about how poorly people are treated there apart from the boat people in Hk. I think even the Europeans who live in these countries are unaware of a lot of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 09:10 AM

Sounds more like human failings than anything, humans always gather in tribes and protect their own against others even if they pose no threat.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 10:02 AM

Salvation Army do a good job - even though they have their failings too
There was a Christian debt society on the radio this morning, helping many people that are overcome with debt through circumstances that 'do not' include extravagance
So there are good works out there as well as the not too good
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 07:52 AM

It is not religion that we are talking about, it is mans humanity to man.
Mans failings, greed and many more problems of man.
Religions are the ones that are struggling to keep up with it, Patsy is right.
Why blame religion, blame the rich, I'm afraid it is a case of "I'm alright Jack"
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
It is not religion that we are talking about, it is mans humanity to man.
Mans failings, greed and many more problems of man.
Religions are the ones that are struggling to keep up with it, Patsy is right.
Why blame religion, blame the rich, I'm afraid it is a case of "I'm alright Jack"
The need to provide a good home for ones family is not greed.
Neither is working hard to contribute to the community.
But when someone comes here to sponge of the hard working people of this country, is there any wonder why we resent it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 09:01 AM

How many come to sponge ? most come to work and don't have access to benefits etc at all. Some cruelly are not entitled to benefit and are not allowed to work too !
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 09:36 AM

One of the biggest and most long running cons is that of Mother Teresa and her "Missionaries of Charity."
This woman has been beatified by the Catholic Church and is on her way to sainthood despite ongoing criticisms of her "work" leading to her being dubbed "Hell's Angel"
Cruelty, Neglect, Hobnobbing with Dictators, Fraud - all these are accusations levelled against this "saint" - mind you, compared with paedophile priests I guess anyone would appear saintly to the catholic church.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...till-no-saint/
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
One of the biggest and most long running cons is that of Mother Teresa and her "Missionaries of Charity."
This woman has been beatified by the Catholic Church and is on her way to sainthood despite ongoing criticisms of her "work" leading to her being dubbed "Hell's Angel"
Cruelty, Neglect, Hobnobbing with Dictators, Fraud - all these are accusations levelled against this "saint" - mind you, compared with paedophile priests I guess anyone would appear saintly to the catholic church.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...till-no-saint/
Oh dear - there are always revelations about supposedly good people - makes me despair. I wonder if it is because they reach such a height of success and adoration.
I'll stick with the common man that does his good deeds in shadow .............
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
How many come to sponge ? most come to work and don't have access to benefits etc at all. Some cruelly are not entitled to benefit and are not allowed to work too !

So why did they come? Why not work in their own country, while ever they come here, they neglect their own country.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top