Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 08:29 AM

No wonder Labour lost the election

If their secret weapon was a meeting between Ed Milliband and Russell Brand. He is now widely reported as saying today's minutes silence in remembrance of the victims who lost their lives in Tunisia, quote - "It is Bulls**t". While at the same time saying it is all the UK's fault anyway.

Arthur
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 08:37 AM

Re: No wonder Labour lost the election

Not quite what he meant if you read what he said in context, stating it out of context is very unfair IMO
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

03-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Russell Brand political constituency tends to be the lunatic fringe of British politics, impressionable men and women, and the deluded. These outbursts are a desperate and misguided attempt at mass publicity as he has a tendency to attack the Government, with the most ridiculously convoluted conspiracy theories, which pander to the sort of wingnuts that believe 9/11 was an inside job and all that. He should have more respect for the families of those murdered in Tunisia.

I would have more respect for him if he concentrated on helping the homeless and working with recovering addicts, which he has a good track record of doing. And furthermore; I say pin the medal on the man for sparing us from 5 years of Mr Ed "Moses" Miliband et al.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 02:43 PM

I agree with just about all you say Steven with a V. As for quoting out of context Julie 1962, I am not giving an opinion in my original post, merely quoting what most of the newspapers have said, and also the late night news last night. If they are all wrong, how come he has not been all over the media complaining.

Arhur
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 03:03 PM

Some people have been arguing and stating what he said, not many people are bothering to listen because it's better to think badly of him. Our press is a mess IMO and rarely quote anyone correctly.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK

05-07-2015, 08:36 AM

I see that Jeremy Kyle has told Russell Brand to shut up, and show some respect to the Tunisian dead. If he has taken Brand out of context, let's see what reply or action is taken!!

Arthur
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 09:10 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-ll-Syria.html

Anyone can contribute.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK

05-07-2015, 10:40 AM

I guess it is probably oversubscribed by now

Arthur
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 11:05 AM

It would be a bargain sending Brand to Syria just to be finally rid of the posturing, pseudo-intellectual dimwit. With a bit of luck he might take some of his easily-impressed toadies with him. I note the Hero of the Proletariat insists it has to be a First Class ticket though. That says it all, really.

No wonder people booed him and told him to f**k off at some recent rally, where the poor little rich man turned up at so he could show solidarity with the lesser mortals who he wrongly assumed would appreciate his so-called mighty intellect.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 11:32 AM

Be very careful what you say,and take even more care to whom you say it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top