Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 10:50 AM

Cyber bullying now a crime

Only in New Zealand, BBC announced today . How are they going to police it? What constitutes bullying? Will we follow suit?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...lflow_facebook
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 11:31 AM

Re: Cyber bullying now a crime

Utterly stupid but typical of these days when everyone seems to live in fear of offending someone. One person's bullying is another person's fair comment.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 11:43 AM

I wonder if Katie Hopkins is trembling in Her Manolo Blahniks? ;~)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 12:24 PM

There is a big difference between differing opinions and cyber bullying ! Bullying should always be taken seriously and stopped.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 01:09 PM

Plus ca change. I never had children but I do remember being bullied,on the telephone before all this number tracing. The phone would ring and someone would ask for me.

Hello you do not know me but I know you----and then the threats.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is a big difference between differing opinions and cyber bullying ! Bullying should always be taken seriously and stopped.
I couldn't agree more any type of bullying wants stopping.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 01:27 PM

They haven't managed to stop bullying in schools and that is where it all begins. Young bullies grow into adult bullies. Many parents refuse to admit their children could possibly be bullies, teachers don't appear to care one way or the other, but school and home is where the teaching should begin. What exactly is being classed as bullying on the internet, disagreements, people who have to be right and everyone else is wrong, or is it just threats to people?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 01:46 PM

It's easy to see when it happens clumsy, I assure you if you were being bullied you would know.

But schools are trying when Grace was being bullied by a little girl (turns out she was jealous Grace was getting attention because her mum had died ) the school were brilliant, got everyone together and talked it through, has ended with the two girls actually becoming good friends.

Many schools are approaching it this way and it seems to work.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

07-07-2015, 01:58 PM

I hope so; and I would use the cases of; the cyber attack on Caroline Criado-Perez as an example why. Caroline headed a campaign for more female historical figures to appear on British banknotes, the cyber campaign against her featured threats of sexual violence upon her. Also recently the Scottish business woman, Michelle Mone, who dared to vote "no" in the Scottish Independence referendum, was the victim of SNP cyber bullies, who also made threats of sexual violence against her. These threats are made by cowards shielded behind false online identities, threats of sexual violence against women, children or the vulnerable should be prescribed against, as should other forms of harassment, such as threats of violence or cyber stalking.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-07-2015, 02:02 PM

It can be just as harmful for men so it has to be an equal equalities approach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top