Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 02:19 PM

Re: Cyber bullying now a crime

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
I hope so; and I would use the cases of; the cyber attack on Caroline Criado-Perez as an example why. Caroline headed a campaign for more female historical figures to appear on British banknotes, the cyber campaign against her featured threats of sexual violence upon her. Also recently the Scottish business woman, Michelle Mone, who dared to vote "no" in the Scottish Independence referendum, was the victim of SNP cyber bullies, who also made threats of sexual violence against her. These threats are made by cowards shielded behind false online identities, threats of sexual violence against women, children or the vulnerable should be prescribed against, as should other forms of harassment, such as threats of violence or cyber stalking.
Hmmm!...just as Andy Murray received death threats when HE had the temerity to say He supported independence...There are cyber bullies everywhere who hide behind Their anonymity and avatars...cowardly arse-holes all.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

07-07-2015, 02:37 PM

I wasn't making a political statement about the SNP; I was using examples of violence against women, Andy Murray has a surfeit of testosterone me thinks?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
I wasn't making a political statement about the SNP; I was using examples of violence against women, Andy Murray has a surfeit of testosterone me thinks?
Neither was I...But it's not just Women who are victims of cyber bullying is it?..and a surfeit of testosterone won't prevent Men from being bullied either!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 03:25 PM

Haven't red the link so the answer may be contained within, but who decides if something is Bullying or not and on what basis, is another round of censorship on the cards?
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

07-07-2015, 03:26 PM

Indeed it is not just women, hence the caveat I used of children and vulnerable people. I agree with you, bullying of men is bad, I was simply highlighting the two examples to emphasize why I would support tougher measures against online psycho and sociopaths. A surfeit of testosterone might not prevent men from being bullied granted, but hell May, it sure helps in being more aggressively defensive, Grr Grrr!!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is a big difference between differing opinions and cyber bullying ! Bullying should always be taken seriously and stopped.
I agree.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Haven't red the link so the answer may be contained within, but who decides if something is Bullying or not and on what basis, is another round of censorship on the cards?
What the bill says...
Disclose sensitive personal facts about another individual.
Be threatening, intimidating, or menacing.
Be grossly offensive to a reasonable person in the position of the affected individual.
Be indecent or obscene.
Be used to harass an individual.
Make a false allegation.
Contain a matter that is published in breach of confidence.
Incite or encourage anyone to send a message to an individual for the purpose of causing harm to the individual.
Incite or encourage another individual to commit suicide.
Denigrate an individual by reason of his or her colour, race, ethnic or national origins, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 08:50 AM

Yes very clear IMO I particularly like the bit about suicide I am hoping that may encompass the pro ana sites and forums as young people are dying following advise on those.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top