Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:23 AM

Re: Michael Barrymore

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Is that the one with the host with the infectious laugh ? only seen it a couple of times but looks great fun.
That's the one - superb host, never a dull moment and the Chasers are fab too - a quiz that's entertaining .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think once the public get it into their heads that you are guilty of something and are not telling all then that’s it, they never want to have a belt of you again, you are all washed up, go to the bottom of the pile. Makes no difference whether you are guilty or innocent, the seed is sown in their minds.
It’s a shame, he is a very talented entertainer, but I fear he will never be on mainstream TV ever again.

No he won't be
Good post
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's the one - superb host, never a dull moment and the Chasers are fab too - a quiz that's entertaining .....
Yes enjoyed it, sadly on at wrong time of day for me but it seems one of the better quizzes on TV.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Exactly how I feel too, Aysa.

Whether Barrymore is guilty or innocent, still won't make me like him. He was always far too OTT for me, childish humour and a bit odd.
(Sorry all Barrymore fans).
Couldn't have put it better myself. I never understood why he was successful. Irritating man.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Couldn't have put it better myself. I never understood why he was successful. Irritating man.
He was successful because many of us loved him, my MIL went to several of his shows and considered herself very lucky the time he picked her out of the crowd to sit on her lap etc. He doesn't appeal to everyone but he was very popular with many of us. Just different sense of humour I think and nothing wrong with that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-07-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He was successful because many of us loved him, my MIL went to several of his shows and considered herself very lucky the time he picked her out of the crowd to sit on her lap etc. He doesn't appeal to everyone but he was very popular with many of us. Just different sense of humour I think and nothing wrong with that.
He did have a genuine love of the people, it shone from him - he had a lot of sadness in his heart but lit up when amongst the people ...........
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Have never liked this fella, always seemed a bit seedy to my way of thinking. One anecdotal story I was given some time back by an acquaintance, suggested that Barrymore was predatory towards young men and boys. I am unable to confirm this story it was just something I was told. One thing I can confirm is that I never found him the least bit talented.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
He did have a genuine love of the people, it shone from him - he had a lot of sadness in his heart but lit up when amongst the people ...........
That I agree with.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 01:04 PM

I thought he was quite rude to people on his show and sarcastic, didn't come across as genuine to me. My Mum however loved him!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-07-2015, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I thought he was quite rude to people on his show and sarcastic, didn't come across as genuine to me. My Mum however loved him!
I never missed a show and never saw that
I've done me bit defending him - he brought joy is me last sentence

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top