Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Woman in car

What a sad and really awful story about the woman left in the car for 3 days next to her dead partner, and has since died. How on earth could this have happened? There has to be a really searching investigation . Tragic.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 02:16 PM

Re: Woman in car

I'm still in shock about it
Obviously the person that took the call did not pass the information on - should be an immediate sacking offence
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Obviously the person that took the call did not pass the information on - should be an immediate sacking offence
Just so.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

13-07-2015, 02:25 PM

Horrifying and tragic beyond belief.

What I found most disgusting was the fishy Wee Hen, Nicola Sturgeon, making a statement referencing the tragic event and squeezing in "austerity to blame" in the last sentence, thus injecting a subtle "it isn't the SNP's fault" disclaimer, and only just stopping short of blaming "the Tories and Westminster," for an issue, bad Policing, that is a solely a Scottish devolved Parliament concern.

This was surely a case of utter neglect of duty, and it shouldn't be politicized beyond an internal Police matter. I hope the duty Officer concerned is sacked minus his/her pension.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Just so.
Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
Horrifying and tragic beyond belief.

What I found most disgusting was the fishy Wee Hen, Nicola Sturgeon, making a statement referencing the tragic event and squeezing in "austerity to blame" in the last sentence, thus injecting a subtle "it isn't the SNP's fault" disclaimer, and only just stopping short of blaming "the Tories and Westminster," for an issue, bad Policing, that is a solely a Scottish devolved Parliament concern.

This was surely a case of utter neglect of duty, and it shouldn't be politicized beyond an internal Police matter. I hope the duty Officer concerned is sacked minus his/her pension.
A very tragic event, and one about which none of us know the full circumstances. I find the knee-jerk reaction of hoping someone is sacked, when we don't know the full story, sad too. Unless I knew WHY the initial reporting of the car was not acted upon I refuse to instantly condemn the police person involved. We simply don't know enough to be so vindictive at this stage.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 02:54 PM

It is freightening to think that you can be left in a car for 3 days and no one does anything about it. Are the phone calls not recorded and listened to and checked to make sure they have been actioned.

If not they should be, but always wise after the fact.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 03:02 PM

Too often these days we read about the police force giving less than good service to the public. It's time that there was a shake-up in it's operation.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

13-07-2015, 03:25 PM

I for one am a tad cynical when we hear the Police are reviewing or investigating their own bad behaviour or incompetence, as the track record of Police accountability in the UK is lamentable.

Perhaps in your neck of the woods one can take such a benevolent, or less cynical, view of Policing?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 03:27 PM

A terrible terrible tragedy,and the quicker the powers that be get to the bottom of it the better for the two Families concerned.

As for Steven with a Vs vile post slandering Scotlands First Minister...I will make no further comment until/unless He puts a link on here where She supposedly said .'it isn't the SNPs fault'..and 'the tories and Westminster are to blame'.

RIP..John and Lamara.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Ania - I am going by the news report that stated the call was not passed on ............

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top