Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Re: Woman in car

In a case like this I don't think it vindictive to call for a job, someone let this couple down and has to take the consequences, if it was the police it's doubly important they do as I don't think any of us want anyone who could do this to still be working in that capacity.

RIP to the couple and I hope the families get answers soon.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 03:47 PM

Constabulary in Scotland (HMICS) is to undertake an urgent review of all police call handling in Scotland.

It follows the death of Lamara Bell, 25, who was discovered critically ill in a crashed car on the M9, next to her dead partner John Yuill, 28.

Although they were not found until Wednesday, Police Scotland admitted the crash was reported to them on Sunday.

The review has been ordered by the Scottish government.

It will focus broadly on all call handling procedures and will be in addition to the ongoing independent inquiry specifically into the M9 incident by the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (Pirc).

Police Scotland's chief constable Sir Stephen House has admitted that the information received about the crash on Sunday had not been entered into police systems.

'Speedy review'

Ms Bell, who was a mother, had been in a medically-induced coma at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow having suffered kidney damage from dehydration from lying in the wreckage for so long. She died at about 06:50 on Sunday.

Justice Secretary Michael Matheson expressed his condolences to the families on behalf of the Scottish government and said it was "essential" that answers were found quickly following an "extremely tragic case".

Here's a link Patsy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Constabulary in Scotland (HMICS) is to undertake an urgent review of all police call handling in Scotland.

It follows the death of Lamara Bell, 25, who was discovered critically ill in a crashed car on the M9, next to her dead partner John Yuill, 28.

Although they were not found until Wednesday, Police Scotland admitted the crash was reported to them on Sunday.

The review has been ordered by the Scottish government.

It will focus broadly on all call handling procedures and will be in addition to the ongoing independent inquiry specifically into the M9 incident by the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (Pirc).

Police Scotland's chief constable Sir Stephen House has admitted that the information received about the crash on Sunday had not been entered into police systems.'Speedy review'

Ms Bell, who was a mother, had been in a medically-induced coma at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow having suffered kidney damage from dehydration from lying in the wreckage for so long. She died at about 06:50 on Sunday.

Justice Secretary Michael Matheson expressed his condolences to the families on behalf of the Scottish government and said it was "essential" that answers were found quickly following an "extremely tragic case".

Here's a link Patsy.
Thank you - that's what I heard and why I said the above
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thank you - that's what I heard and why I said the above
Aye heads will roll,We'll just have to wait and see what The punishment for neglecting Their duties will be...Gawd only knows!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 04:17 PM

Very sad.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Ania - I am going by the news report that stated the call was not passed on ............
Yes, we know that the call was not passed on, but we don't know WHY. If this was pure negligence I would be the first to agree that the person should be removed from his job. I'm guessing that it was, but I cannot know that. How do we know the person involved did not have to suddenly deal with an immediate emergency, did not have a heart attack, did not ask someone else to act on it because for some reason he couldn't so so immediately? I'm just saying that we shouldn't be so quick to condemn without knowing the full facts.

But yes, I am also cynical enough to believe that we never will know the full facts...
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

13-07-2015, 04:37 PM

Vile Post; ooh wee have I upset a Scottish Cyber Nat! Sorry I'm just posting what I heard her say at the tail end of her comments on a newscast last week, me thinks she is vile and cynical and you're being a tad testy hen.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

13-07-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
Vile Post; ooh wee have I upset a Scottish Cyber Nat! Sorry I'm just posting what I heard her say at the tail end of her comments on a newscast last week, me thinks she is vile and cynical and you're being a tad testy hen.
No link then?...thought not..just another anti SNP rant...boring ,and has no place on this thread about the terrible tragedy of two young Scots.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

13-07-2015, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Yes, we know that the call was not passed on, but we don't know WHY. If this was pure negligence I would be the first to agree that the person should be removed from his job. I'm guessing that it was, but I cannot know that. How do we know the person involved did not have to suddenly deal with an immediate emergency, did not have a heart attack, did not ask someone else to act on it because for some reason he couldn't so so immediately? I'm just saying that we shouldn't be so quick to condemn without knowing the full facts.

But yes, I am also cynical enough to believe that we never will know the full facts...
Aye,Human error or negligence...We won't know until it all comes out however long it takes.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

13-07-2015, 05:08 PM

Of course as an Englishman living in South Wales I feel I've an ax to grind over Scottish Independence, duh really? Frankly madam regarding the SNP and Scottish independence I couldn't give a damn, the death of two young people regardless of their nationality, I do. You seem to be living up to a "chippy" stereotype hen?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top