Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 05:37 PM

Re: Woman in car

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
Of course as an Englishman living in South Wales I feel I've an ax to grind over Scottish Independence, duh really? Frankly madam regarding the SNP and Scottish independence I couldn't give a damn, the death of two young people regardless of their nationality, I do. You seem to be living up to a "chippy" stereotype hen?
TUT TUT TUT...Name calling?...What a Gentleman!

Methinks You should take Your Political views to the proper thread!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 06:00 PM

Very sad indeed, the man who reported says he now feels guilty for what has happened, he feels he should have done more.
Someones head in the police force is obviously to blame, they didn't investigate immediately, what I find strange is why wasn't an ambulance sent immediately to the car.
Much more to come from two investigations that are going on, I hope there is not a whitewash.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

13-07-2015, 06:06 PM

Hell's teeth woman you won't let go; er, "bossy" and "chippy" stereotype methinks!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
Hell's teeth woman you won't let go; er, "bossy" and "chippy" stereotype methinks!!
More Name-calling?.....Sticks and stones old boy...sticks and stones ;~)
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Very sad indeed, the man who reported says he now feels guilty for what has happened, he feels he should have done more.
Someones head in the police force is obviously to blame, they didn't investigate immediately, what I find strange is why wasn't an ambulance sent immediately to the car.
Much more to come from two investigations that are going on, I hope there is not a whitewash.
This is what I mean about not knowing the whole story. Presumably the guy who rang it in just knew there was a car there. It would appear that nobody knew or checked that there were people in the car. Not much point in calling an ambulance out if there is nobody in the car! The problem is the lack of immediate police investigation, and that is what needs investigation/explanation.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

13-07-2015, 06:22 PM

I have a Friend who lives in Falkirk and travelled that road a lot,She said on the phone that it was a miracle anyone saw that car from the road as it was down a deep gully and She thinks it would have been impossible unless it was seen going OFF the road.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 06:35 PM

Well the first witness said the operator that took his call was concerned and he had every faith it would be handled
Then there was a second call 3 days later by another person .........
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2015, 07:16 PM

The standard of driving here is pretty dire. It must be otherwise there wouldn't be so many cars overturned and lying in fields. I've driven past dozens of cars that have gone off the road and I haven't stopped or checked to see if there was anyone inside. On some roads there are so many floral tributes that they could win 'Britain in bloom'.

Sorry if that sounds callous, but you get used to these things.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 02:13 AM

yes once we all cared, now we just drive past and it doesn't matter - well this time it did. Can we expect the police to do all our watching and checking?

it's a bit like:

the hospitals should always look after our loved ones well even if we don't sometimes

OR

the community services should always be sure they drop in and see our loved ones even if we are too busy to do so

OR

the police should deal with everything that goes wrong in our society and then we don't have to bother?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I have a Friend who lives in Falkirk and travelled that road a lot,She said on the phone that it was a miracle anyone saw that car from the road as it was down a deep gully and She thinks it would have been impossible unless it was seen going OFF the road.
May, it was from a side road the man saw it, not the actual road where the car went off, so it must have been a road junction.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top