Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 08:00 AM

The EU once again

The EU are reported this morning to have fined the UK £642m for improper accounting. They say this relates to the EU Farm Payments, which have not been administered properly. This is rich, considering that the EU Acounts have not been passed by the Auditors for the last 19 years.

It's beginning to look like the sooner we resign our membership of this club, the better.

Surely any trade tariffs we would incur to export to the EU, would work out cheaper than what they demand now. Also we would be able to stop the EU immigrants flooding into this country from Eastern Europe.

Rant over

Arthur
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

14-07-2015, 08:15 AM

Re: The EU once again

I couldn't agree more, it's a club that serves to benefit the "Hun", and the "Gaul", and the EU Farm Payments serve France more than any other nation.

Where else in Europe can you scratch a living from three geese, two chickens and a goat.

Hell's teeth, we can't foxtrot oscar quickly enough in my, er, humble opinion.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 08:27 AM

Hi Steven,
I take it you also saw the agreement reached with Greece has raided the fund that was set up to aid disasters like flooding etc. All members are now required to contribute again to it, with the UK's amount estimated at up to £1 billion pounds.

Arthur
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 08:40 AM

The EU is an unmitigated disaster and the UK is its "cash cow" contributing far more than we get out of it. France's economy is imploding and only survives because of the EU. The southern EU nations are being kept in penury by EU policies and the sooner it collapses, the better.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

14-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Hey Arthur, I wasn't aware the Greeks were about to loot the disaster fund.

I'm still puzzled as to why no one from Goldman Sachs and the Greek Government back in the day, is serving jail time for what must be the greatest fraud in History, the book cooking that facilitated their entry into the EU in the first place.

I guess that is because of what you alluded to in your opening piece, the whole damn EU shebang is "the mother of all" frauds.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 09:16 AM

In the United States of America, if you commit fraud they send you to prison.

In the European Union, if you commit fraud they make you a Member of Parliament
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 09:30 AM

It is hard to defend the EU I agree, it forever seems nothing more than an exclusive club that serves no purpose other than to provide a vast trough into which failed politicians can dip their snouts. Nice work if you can get it.....
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 10:30 AM

I have always been keen on the UK being a member of the European Union. Over time I found that I was much more persuaded by the argument that it is better to unite than to fight. Many of the actual decisions made by those who run the EU I found hard to support.

The way that the people in Brussels have treated the Greeks have made now me much less keen on the whole EU thing. I realise that previous Greek administrations have made disastrous decisions but even so where is their humanity? The Greek people who are suffering now and will continue to suffer far into the future did not make those decisions.

I might well vote Brexit in the forthcoming referendum.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 12:17 PM

I have never been keen on the EU the idea we will go to war with each other without it seems daft to me as they seem to cause more problems than they settle. Every year every decision I find myself even less keen on it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It is hard to defend the EU I agree, it forever seems nothing more than an exclusive club that serves no purpose other than to provide a vast trough into which failed politicians can dip their snouts. Nice work if you can get it.....
I can not understand how it's possible to move the parliament every year from Brussels to Strassberg and back. The costs are huge (millions if not billions)

Can you imagine what a laughing stock the USA would be if they moved the whole government from Washington to lets say Las Vegas every year

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top