Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 12:39 PM

Landlords

Why can't a law be passed that landlords are 'not' to allow their properties to dilapidate - if they are reported then they have committed a crime and be ordered to maintain that property.
Watched a programme last night on these run down properties and it was hard to take in that these poor tenants had to endure such terrible conditions
It just shouldn't go on, one tenant was a girl and a baby living in a tiny flat which was unfit for either of them
One young fella had the walls crumbling and the windows too, you felt the whole place was about to crumble
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 12:42 PM

Re: Landlords

Having lived in a flat that was condemned by the council I have to agree but and it's a big but not everyone will be lucky as us and be housed by the council, where can these people go if their homes are taken away ? bad housing can be better than no housing IMO
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 12:44 PM

I totally agree with that Patsy ,I have watched the program Slum Landlords and omg!!! some of the conditions their "tenants" have to live in are disgusting and this should never be allowed to happen in this country,I think landlords should have to by law respond and take action on any complaints of sub standard living conditions by their tenants or feel the full weight of the law!
Its about time some of these disinterested landlords are bought to task,they are all too quick to grab their rent money but dont want to provide anything else to their tenants.
Good topic Patsy too
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 01:19 PM

I agree Aysa and I'm so angry that people paying their rent are treated in such an appalling way - I see no reason why this can't be rectified it makes no sense to just let it go on
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 01:21 PM

What was the programme called Patsy, I could probably get it on what's it called.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2015, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uff ->
What was the programme called Patsy, I could probably get it on what's it called.
Slum landlords Channel 5
I've only watched one programme, just couldn't take it as there's nothing I can do - can't witness misery like that
Don't know what episode it was Uff - we tape things in advance
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 01:33 PM

I'd like to see that Patsy so I'll try to get it up. Thank you.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 02:04 PM

I agree Patsy, I didn't watch the program purposely, I find them so upsetting.

Its all about Money, and nothing gets done, till there is a tragedy, and then once again its shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2015, 03:25 PM

The whole plight of these people is a tragedy Marj - you would think by now 2015, this situation would never be and to me so easy to cure
No one in Government seems to care as long as they get their cut or they look upon it as somewhere to dump the unfortunates of society
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The whole plight of these people is a tragedy Marj - you would think by now 2015, this situation would never be and to me so easy to cure
No one in Government seems to care as long as they get their cut or they look upon it as somewhere to dump the unfortunates of society
So true, they know it goes on, but do nothing at all about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top