Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 02:01 PM

New Vacuum cleaner

I am thinking about getting a new vacuum cleaner.

I haven't fast amounts of carpets to hoover, with my hallway, bathroom, and large kitchen being washable flooring.
I live in a bungalow, so there are no stairs or landing to worry about either.

What do you think are the 'For's and Against's' Uprights V Henry types?

I have a Henry at the mo, and although the suction is good, I don't much like dragging the thing along behind me like a dead donkey!
Perhaps it is my steering at fault , but I'm forever running it into door frames, chairs, dog beds etc, and have to go back and yank it free. This is the reason I am thinking of changing to an Upright one.
Nothing fancy, I don't need gold knobs on it, just not too big and bulky it's dead easy to empty.

Any suggestions please?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 02:11 PM

Re: New Vacuum cleaner

Go for it. I’m not sure about your choices since I’m in Canada but I think any change that makes cleaning more enjoyable is a must. A couple of weeks ago I spent quite a few dollars on purchasing all natural cleaning products with aromatherapy qualities. Every product is a delight to use and non irritating to the senses. It definitely makes cleaning more enjoyable and who doesn’t like a clean house that smells nice?

Besides which, your old vacuum will eventually ruin your home with all the dents and scratches it creates while getting stuck.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Hi

None at all Mups.

It is a Henry all the way.

It is the only thing capable of dealing with Zac and Derek when they have been in scrapyards and when I have been fishing.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 02:26 PM

I like my Dyson Ball Vacuum, upright and easy to use, glides wherever you want it to go.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

None at all Mups.

It is a Henry all the way.

It is the only thing capable of dealing with Zac and Derek when they have been in scrapyards and when I have been fishing.

Not a lot of help Swim, seing as I don't go fishing and haven't got 2 messy lodgers! (I'd clip their ears for a start)!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 03:41 PM

I used to have a Dyson - but found it a bit heavy and cumbersome. I now have a Shark and it is brilliant - the only thing I have found that really copes with cat hair!

Pro's It is very light and easy to maneuver. It has very powerful suction. The handle folds almost flat so it glides easily under furniture. It has a bright headlight so you can see into all the corners. Comes with a good range of tools.

Con's
It is a bit more expensive than some. The dust holder is quite small so needs more frequent emptying than a Dyson.

For me the Pro's outweigh the Con's - oh - if you decide to go for one - don't buy the cordless version - it does not have the same suction power and doesn't hold it's charge for long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-10-2019, 10:26 PM

I like the sound of the Shark one, Tabs.
Can you send me a link on which model it is please?

At least these Beddies don't moult, so I haven't got loads of dog hair to hoover up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It looks like the Shark vacuum cleaners are on offer on Amazon at the moment, Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-10-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It looks like the Shark vacuum cleaners are on offer on Amazon at the moment, Mups.

Ooh ta, Mags.
I'll have a look.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

At least these Beddies don't moult, so I haven't got loads of dog hair to hoover up.
This one is like mine, Mups:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shark-HV380...1903295&sr=8-7

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top