Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 12:48 PM

Re: How old is your Laptop?

I tried all sorts of ways of getting my game (Bejeweled Twist) to run on Windows 10 but nothing worked.

I still have my retail version of Windows 7, so installed it on the laptop. The game works on that. I have run an HDMI lead from the laptop to my large monitor and so see the game at a decent size.

Now I can play the game, I find I don't want to play it all that much. It was the challenge of getting it to work that made me do it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 02:49 PM

I don't have a laptop, I use my home PC. I do have my late OH's ipad, but rarely use it. It's around 6/7 years old.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I tried all sorts of ways of getting my game (Bejeweled Twist) to run on Windows 10 but nothing worked.

I still have my retail version of Windows 7, so installed it on the laptop. The game works on that. I have run an HDMI lead from the laptop to my large monitor and so see the game at a decent size.

Now I can play the game, I find I don't want to play it all that much. It was the challenge of getting it to work that made me do it.
I know what you mean. I get like that sometimes.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:40 AM

Thanks guys will look into some of the ideas.
LD I actually bought a laptop with xp but its a business one and very hard to suss out all the bits n bobs on it although it plays my old Command and Conquer and my Rollercoaster so it was not a total waste and if this laptop ever needs to be taken away I can go online with it although I need to use a connector because its not wireless like this one.
My HP which I bought in 2000 has been around the family I used it for 8 years whilst I was still working,then when I retired early I gave it to my grand daughter and her step father decided oneday to start playing about with it to correct a problem and god knows what he did but it was never the same. In 2012 it was returned to me and I managed to get CM97/98 working again on it but it was never to go online again. Now it is like I say ready for the scrap heap I still have 2 lap tops the xp and the win 10 I have just managed to buy a old Nintendo snes not one of the new mini ones they are rubbish so I can now play Soccer Manager and the original Sim City and quite a few more. Really stepping back in time now and going retro I find the new games today are to fast and to many fingers are required for the hand sets I just cannot keep up.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:17 PM

I know some folks don't like FB but, there are games on there that I haven't seen anywhere else, they now have Gameroom where some games that needed Flash can be played.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 05:51 PM

My trusty old Toshiba laptop is still going strong although some of the keypad letters have now virtually disappeared completely, namely the N, S and E, and it definitely needs a new battery because I can only use it with it plugged into the socket. but hey ho, who needs a battery anyway?

I love it anyway. I have a brand new Haiwaii tablet still stuck in it's pretty box under the coffee table. I logged into it when it was new and I was setting it up. it has never been used since. I reverted back to my faithful old friend.

When this one goes, I will as I did with this and my previous one, contact the shop I found on Ebay and buy a good reliable refurbished one again, paying much less than half of what it would cost to buy new, then use it every day hopefully for another 5 years money's worth until it wears out again.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:01 PM

never had a laptop
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:06 PM

I had a W7 Samsung, was working OK just a bit slow. A year and a bit ago I bought a Lenovo with W10 built in, super fast, no AV apart from W10's own, no problem. And these things are so cheap nowadays. My first lappy was a Compaq W98 in '98 costs nearly £1,200, and you can imagine how antiquated that was by comparison to today's £300's worth.
curious
New Member!
Toronto Ont
curious is female 

25-12-2019, 05:21 AM

Mine is so old, it's still a desktop (apple) 10 years plus and works great!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 02:14 PM

I’ve never had a laptop, always been Macs and iPads for me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top