Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:32 PM

Impulse purchase

Been thinking of buying an Apple phone for a bit now, sick of my android phone not connecting to stuff, although it’s only a couple of years old, it’s a bit clunky, went into town this morning with no intention of buying a phone, and after looking at a few pre owned ones ( no cheaper than new btw) , we went past the storm front shop, went in, and came out with a spanking new I phone...!,,, still it will see me out
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:47 PM

Re: Impulse purchase

I too updated and bought an Apple Iphone, it is so much easier and simpler to operate. No regrets.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Isa49 ->
I too updated and bought an Apple Iphone, it is so much easier and simpler to operate. No regrets.
Yes very intuitive to use
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 01:47 PM

I suppose one day soon, I will have to ditch my gas powered Nokia and opt for an iphone of some sorts. I don't particularly want the cost of running it but more and more things require Apps these days.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 01:50 PM

Hi

I am Ex Government, Guy is Ex Banking.

Neither of us is allowed to use an iPhone.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why is that? I've used iPhones and Macs for decades, they are brilliant. They can all be linked and are very reliable, upgrades are all free and updates cause no problems, unlike M$ with Windows.
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose one day soon, I will have to ditch my gas powered Nokia and opt for an iphone of some sorts. I don't particularly want the cost of running it but more and more things require Apps these days.
To save on the battery, I deleted all the apps I wouldn't use, I couldn't see the point of having them in there.
It was a 'tip' given to me, and the battery lasts quite a bit longer before a recharge is required.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My daughter and hubby are "Defence" they are not allowed to use Huawei. Actually neither are allowed to take a phone into their respective buildings anyway.

I have an Huawei phone and I love it, I whisper "Pipe Bomb", "Al-Qaeda", "Uygurs", "Xinjiang re-education camp" into it every night.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:20 PM

To save on the battery, I deleted all the apps I wouldn't use, I couldn't see the point of having them in there.
It was a 'tip' given to me, and the battery lasts quite a bit longer before a recharge is required.
Thanks Isa. Good tip!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:26 PM

The problem is that so many unusable apps are built into the operating system and can't be deleted though some can be turned off.

I have auto updates turned off and only update the programs I actually use, whether that makes any difference I don't know but I recharge my phone (and tablets) as a matter of course every night anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top