Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:02 PM

Re: Your expertise/ experience/ knowledge.

I spent many years in electronics working on everything from step by step Strowger telephone exchanges, through crossbar, coax transmission to microwave radio (the latter two virtually came and went in my working lifetime).

Then in about 1980 I changed to working in the power industry with boilers, turbines, recip steam engines, HV switching and the like. In between times I have had various other jobs such as a Postman in London SW1 and my own business(es).

So I am full of knowledge that is utterly useless in retirement, so not much to share there.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:09 PM

All I admit to these days is being able to make a really good cup of coffee.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I only know about horses .
Well, I did know about horses but since I haven't worked with them for a long time, guess I've forgotten a lot now.
I have had various jobs, I am a jack of all trades master of none.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:19 PM

Don't know nothing ... never have, never will.
I now just tend to sit in wondrous admiration and listen to those who do.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:27 PM

If you want to know anything about validation, verification and qualification of computer systems, instrumentation, control systems, cleaning and mechanical components, project management using waterfall and agile methods, feel free to ask. Or don't bother because it will bore you to death

Other stuff is guitars, amps and effect units.... which is slightly less boring than the day job.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:58 PM

if you want to know about photography, best ask someone else

Things have changed so much since retirement and advice would be out of date I guess
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:58 PM

I am a retired master plumber. In my 45 years in the construction trades I paid attention to what the other trades were doing, how they did it, and asked questions about why they did it. The results are I can alter or fix anything inside of buildings.

Where that has become important in retirement is that I have been constantly upgrading my home without ever hiring tradesmen. Tomorrow I am beginning the building of a vehicle bridge over a ravine on my property. I am hoping my back holds out for the placing of the wooden beams; I ain't 18 any more.....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 02:02 PM

Recently retired from accountancy - ACCA level II - unable to finish due to flirting exhusband and mortgage interest rate at 17.5% !!

Best core subjects - Law - Sale of Goods & Services Act; Law of Contract
Tax -

Best to give sources when attempting to quote "facts".

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Secretarial and shorthand typing, from 1971, with the first few years of work spent in an office, so I suppose I have accrued those skills. I love computers and used to teach basic skills in my local libraries. And while I do not claim to know all about grammar I do find my fingers itching to point out the incorrect usage on social media. Should of etc., and your instead of you’re. They do make me scream.

But you try correcting someone online and oh my...you get attacked by every troll out there. So I keep my mouth shut.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Secretarial and shorthand typing, from 1971, with the first few years of work spent in an office, so I suppose I have accrued those skills. I love computers and used to teach basic skills in my local libraries. And while I do not claim to know all about grammar I do find my fingers itching to point out the incorrect usage on social media. Should of etc., and your instead of you’re. They do make me scream.

But you try correcting someone online and oh my...you get attacked by every troll out there. So I keep my mouth shut.
Absolutely agree re the grammar. I'd like to be appointed grammar queen for my area........perhaps I'd need a bodyguard!!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top