Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 04:26 AM

Re: Does anyone else blog?

Originally Posted by Tonich ->
I would highly recommend this blogging nonsense.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How do you start up a blog? Is there a good host site?
I used to keep journals of my travels which now just take up room on my shelves until I decided that I would create a blog of my travels with photos. My kids go there occasionally to have a look and see what I am up to but otherwise I think it has about the same readership as my mouldering journals.

I used to use Google Blogger because it came with my Gmail account, was free and easy to use but recently they changed their method of access so posting photos was difficult when travelling so I abandoned it.

Now I use a Wordpress site and it costs a few $ a year. I have my own domain, if you are interested it is here:

https://bcl.id.au/

It is quite a good layout in my opinion with a list down the side where you can look at a particular trip, a particular month or a state.

I use Open Live Writer to add stories as I travel.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:51 PM

What a fascinating blog, Bruce!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 09:29 PM

I'm the same as most others, I wouldn't know where to start as I haven't the foggiest idea about blogs. I'm quite content chatting away on OFF.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks OGF. I don't understand how people get to hear about it. I mean if I started a blog tomorrow, i would be one of about a million or so others. I have to admit though that I have never read a blog apart from one that was made into a book. It was called Blood, Sweat and Tea and was about the London ambulance service. A good read actually.
I suppose we are all bloggers on the forum Longdogs, you are one of the most prolific, I always look forward to reading your posts and comments and can't wait until the next one.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm the same as most others, I wouldn't know where to start as I haven't the foggiest idea about blogs. I'm quite content chatting away on OFF.
Every now and then you mention the 'good old days' Shropshiregirl and together with your other posts and comments they could be described as a 'blog'....I enjoy reading them anyway....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:44 PM

That's really cool Bruce. Some really beautiful mountain shots. Katoomba looks spectacular!

How do you find the motivation to write regularly? Doesn't it become a chore?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Every now and then you mention the 'good old days' Shropshiregirl and together with your other posts and comments they could be described as a 'blog'....I enjoy reading them anyway....
SG would be super as a blogger. A great idea.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a fascinating blog, Bruce!
I am glad someone thinks so my kids don't seem to find it the slightest bit interesting.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's really cool Bruce. Some really beautiful mountain shots. Katoomba looks spectacular!

How do you find the motivation to write regularly? Doesn't it become a chore?
I only do it while I am travelling of course so I suppose it is just part of the holiday. Before I kept a blog I used to write a journal of my travels, a habit I started as a child.

In fact the blog is actually less writing because it is mostly pictures with only very basic descriptions. The photos I copy from my camera to my computer every evening anyway (as a backup) so it is an easy job to select them for the blog at the same time.

I would guess that the blog probably takes only about half an hour each evening and I do it while I am having a couple of beers after my evening meal so it is not an unpleasant task. I usually upload the blog the following morning while I eat breakfast, obviously that depends on whether I have the Internet available.

In remote areas I might not have phone or internet coverage for days at a time and I have to wait until I am in a small town to upload several blogs at once.

When I think about I think it is true to say that I actually enjoy doing it. I doubt I could write a blog on a daily basis I don't think my day to day life is that interesting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I suppose we are all bloggers on the forum Longdogs, you are one of the most prolific, I always look forward to reading your posts and comments and can't wait until the next one.....
Why thank you OGF, that's one follower I have at least, just another million or so to go.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I suppose it's the same but without the arguments.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top