Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 01:51 PM

Re: Devolved English Parliament

Originally Posted by May ->
I thought this thread was about a Devolved English Parliament?...seems not..Anyhoo I don't read tory trash like the express,and I certainly am not interested in what that nut-job Galloway has to say about anything!...But there's no need tae get Yer knickers in a twist Hen because didn't Ye know Boris the dictator won't ALLOW another inde' ref' 2?...what a naughty Boy Someone should smack His botty ...Wish Yer Scottish Husband a happy Burns day from Me Sue and I hope Yer cooking Him Haggis/neeps & tatties for His dinner tonight xx
One of the conditions of the previous reference on Scottish independence from HM treasury was that it was to be a once in a lifetime thing.

There's a couple of decades before another referendum should be even requested.

Unfortunately.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 04:34 PM

He is apparently planning his momentous return to Scotland.

"I'm coming back ... and you are going to have to deal with me ... So put that in your Scottish nationalist pipe and smoke it."
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 04:49 PM

Eh!...Georgie porgie doing His Arnie impression...'I'll be back' ..what a joke He is.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 05:53 PM

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...tland-rt-clip/

Could be fake news.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Fed up with Ian Blackford.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-Commons-video

They get to debate and vote on English issues, we should have
separate representation, as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
I would be quite happy if the parliament we already have actually buckled down and did some work for a change!

What am I saying? The poor little dears couldn't stand the strain!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would be quite happy if the parliament we already have actually buckled down and did some work for a change!

What am I saying? The poor little dears couldn't stand the strain!
Oh, poor little Ian. He's never happy, is he?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, poor little Ian. He's never happy, is he?
Not so poor Ian.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-porridge.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Not so poor Ian.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-porridge.html
In Victorian days, all MPs were wealthy and had a private income.

I think most of them still do!

What happened to government by ordinary working-class people?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am no fan of Blackford , when I watch Parliament Live I have to record it so I can fast forward through his constant repetitive moaning.
Me too Meg. I put it on pause, go and make a cup of tea and then fast forward so I don't have to listen to the old windbag sounding like a broken record. I don't know why he doesn't just make a recording of himself as it's always the same old rubbish that comes out.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 03:32 PM

I was reading yesterday that in the Good Friday Agreement, if unification between the two ever comes to the fore, both sides would have to vote on it.

The same should apply to Scotland and England if ever Scotland has the opportunity for Indiref2. I believe that would be much fairer as they seem to be so embroiled in English affairs. The SNP are resentful that they are trapped by England, and because of their resentment voiced so many times, many in England feel that we should just let them adrift, but we are never given the opportunity to action the same, even though it affects both.

At least if both were given the opportunity to vote, then that would be the end of the matter.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top