Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 05:15 PM

Re: Germany is envious of us!

6 days and 6 & a bit hours to go. I do hope you'll change your cracked record come next Saturday, Solly.

I have an extensive working knowledge of French working practices going back 4 decades. All I'm willing to say is things have become significantly worse over the years since my first working visit to La Once Belle France back in 1978.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Yeah, that is a good substantive reply, worthy of the best of brexiters. Just goes to show how well informed you were and are.
Like I said, get over it...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Like I said, get over it...
Nothing to get over. In a few months time I return to suriname, my home country. You will still be negotiating a trade deal.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
6 days and 6 & a bit hours to go. I do hope you'll change your cracked record come next Saturday, Solly.

I have an extensive working knowledge of French working practices going back 4 decades. All I'm willing to say is things have become significantly worse over the years since my first working visit to La Once Belle France back in 1978.
Why would I change tack? Only the legal situation changes. In practice you won't notice a thing. Which makes the exit on 31 december all the more dramatic.

In comparison to france the situation in britain has much improved since 1978, when you were a developing country and a receiver of european aid. Now you have build your economy on that aid, you think you can make it on your own.
By the end of this year, Brexit will have cost almost as much as the United Kingdom has paid net to the European Union in 47 years. This is apparent from calculations by Bloomberg Economics. Without the forthcoming departure from the EU, the British economy would have been 3 percent larger, Bloomberg calculated. So far, Brexit has already cost £ 130 billion in lost economic growth.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top