Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: Saturday Night

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I remember the era when Saturday night was for many people a night in front of the telly. There was always a prime Saturday show ranging from Brucie's Generation Game to other bit hitters. A take-away and TV was the defacto routine for many.

Then things seemed to change and we lost many of our great comedians and presenters and the Saturday night show era seemed to disappear.

I think then we were more inclined to go out for meals as a treat. Venues varied as did the friends and family members we would go out with.

Then came the era of Reality TV and suddenly we had Pop Idol and Fame Academy, a style of shows we hadn't seen before. They were engaging when they first started as most new things are.

Those shows gave way to X-Factor and then BGT which dominated for many years.

These days we don't go out very often. I prefer to cook my own good healthy meals and only very occasionally have a take-away. We get plenty of "meals out" when we go on hols cruising.

These days I find Saturday nights a little boring. There just isn't the quality of Saturday Night TV any more. More likely we will watch a film that we have pre-recorded or binge watch a DVD box set.

I guess much depends on the time of year too. In warm summer balmy nights we might well sit out the back on the decking with a lit chimenea gazing at the stars.
Ah yes, the food on cruises, so much choice I agree.
Saturday nights are very different these days, I am often posting on here.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Saturday Night.

A big Birthday Party in the kitchen and Conservatory.

I am painting a wall in the lounge.

That is getting old.
No Swimmy, getting old is like me, Saturday night when I was young holds many fabulous memories, Saturday night when we were both working was wonderful to look forward to. Saturday night when only HWMO was working was pretty good too. Now unfortunately, we are both retired, Saturday night blends in with every other week day night and more than often I have to think what day it is as I've forgotten!! That is getting old!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
No Swimmy, getting old is like me, Saturday night when I was young holds many fabulous memories, Saturday night when we were both working was wonderful to look forward to. Saturday night when only HWMO was working was pretty good too. Now unfortunately, we are both retired, Saturday night blends in with every other week day night and more than often I have to think what day it is as I've forgotten!! That is getting old!
Oh SG that is such a shame.
At least you have lovely memories.
The days of dancing round my handbag have long gone also. I have minders these days. X
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

13-07-2019, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I used to love Saturday nights years ago. All my friends would come round for drinks, then we would go to a couple of pubs before heading for the disco.

These days it is rather different.

What are your memories of Saturday night?
My Saturday nights used to be so good I can't remember them at all...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 07:36 AM

Saturday nights...bliss as there was no work on Sunday. Sunday night's......well tomorrows Monday

It's great to be retired....every night is Saturday night now
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Crikey this is an old thread. Lol
Still love Saturday night.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top