Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:21 AM

Re: More 'save the planet' crap

String handles...flirty blokes in shreddies....can we get back on track with these hypocrite protestors please?

They set up their synthetic man-made tents, take their sad little kids out of school to join them (I bet they don't get fined for doing so!), jump and dance around Trafalgar Square late at night p!ssed up on Becks and Strongbow, eat McDonalds burgers and drink Starbucks, keep their diesel generators on to keep their portable heaters fired up, wear their North Face jackets and Skechers boots.....

How do they travel to these protests? They burn fuel, they eat mass produced food, they wear plastic-derived clothing from oil based products, they have mobile phones made of plastic.

I thought this lot were climate change activists and vegan anarchists????? Bunch of headstrong, reesty, dirtybag grebos all!!

Get a job. Get to school. Get off the streets. Get a bloody life!!

End of rant
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:31 AM

Ouch!

Floydy - are you really off to A&E this morning? I do hope they can sort things out for you - and quickly!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ouch!

Floydy - are you really off to A&E this morning? I do hope they can sort things out for you - and quickly!
Wrong thread Tabby!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:34 AM

Oh dear - I'll fetch my coat!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-10-2019, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh dear - I'll fetch my coat!
So you have no views on the topic of this thread. You just want to use it for digressing chit chat?
Why is that?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:13 AM

They're demanding changes by 2025, how do they know they're not already happening?
They don't need to block roads and stop folk going to work, ambulances etc. They could protest on open spaces in cities.
I hope Boris extends the ban for closing roads to other cities. One chap in Bristol (I think) missed seeing a parent who was dying in hospital.
They're being very selfish.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:15 AM

I understand that we have all got used to the idea of having bags for everything, and it is unlikely that we will suffer the consequences.... but your children & grandchildren will.

Think back to when you went shopping with mum! You went into a shop, asked for what you wanted to buy & the shopkeeper would ask if you needed a paper bag.

Supermarkets decided that you could get your own food from shelves & pay at the checkout. They sell more that way, especially when a lot of fruit & veg is already packed in containers!

Everything we have got used to doing is destroying the planet & making the supermarkets a fortune, so I would like to see small shops return to our high streets. They may be a bit more expensive, but they would reduce the need for packaging & be happt to serve you 2 apples & a carrot, if that is all you need.......so probably reduce waste!

We never understood what damage all this plastic was going to do, but children are now learning, so ask yourself if you think it is worth saving the planet for future children & animals? If you think it is, life may be a bit more difficult for us, but future generations of all creatures will have a better world to live in!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:19 AM

I've noticed some shops are leaving boxes by the tills. That's a good idea as you can either recycle them or re-use them.
Some charities turn t-shirts into shopping bags, cut off the sleeves, make the neck larger and sew along the bottom
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Nearly all supermarkets will give you boxes if you ask even if they are not by the tills .
I appreciate that this is only good for people doing their shopping by car .
I often use them as I am always forgetting my bags
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Only just seen this OGF. Don't know what you're blushing about I'm shocked, and I don't like your choice of colour much, but each to their own.. I feel as if I've been poked in the eye
Sorry Puddle Duck, probably not something you'd like to see hanging around the fruit and veg isle in Tesco's, or on the forum either....

PS:- I hope your eye isn't too uncomfortable....

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top