Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Re: I could weep

Strange that Manchester CC says differently to what the OP was told. https://secure.manchester.gov.uk/inf...arking_permits
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 09:48 PM

Sorry to hear that Ethel. Bloody annoying.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 02:23 AM

Ouch.
Sorry!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 04:47 AM

I guess you just have to walk more to bring down the price per mile!

You are a good sport for sharing this!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:20 AM

Hi Ethel. I think if you pay it immediately they let you have it at a cheaper rate. I seem to remember having a fine for £50 but only paid £32 because I paid it straight away.

It was a few years ago though - I could be wrong.

Anyway you have my commiserations. I think it's evil & inhuman to pick on the disabled like that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:29 AM

I feel for you Ethel.
My daughter got a fine for overstaying in a shopping centre car park, even though we'd used my blue badge. We got held up in a shop where things weren't priced.
As for blue badges, my council lost my first
renewed one, it took about four months to sort it all out and get my new one.
Just had to apply for PIP, lost mobility as I can drive and plan a journey, also because I wasn't on strong enough medication.
I hear they stopped that now!
Good luck, hope everything works out for you x
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:32 AM

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. My badge was only out by a couple of days but I was fined £70 so I keep a good eye on it now.
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:26 AM

Thanks all for your reply’s, yes I will keep a close eye on it now lucky hubby has one as walking is not a thing I do easy. Just mean he has to get out the car and come with me because the person useing the bage has to be the one doing the walking, and in our case it’s the blind leading the blind we make a good pair.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:48 AM

Chin up Ethel
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ethel ->
Thanks all for your reply’s, yes I will keep a close eye on it now lucky hubby has one as walking is not a thing I do easy. Just mean he has to get out the car and come with me because the person useing the bage has to be the one doing the walking, and in our case it’s the blind leading the blind we make a good pair.
Apparently it's up to the issuing council whether or not they send out reminders .
I saw one saying they don't but the date is printed large enough for it to be clearly seen anyway .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top