Join for free
Page 25 of 50 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 11:05 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Some school kids are apparently so worried about climate change that they need counselling. Perhaps counsellors could advise them to pick up their take-away boxes and crisp packets when they go in at night.
Their worries are entirely justified.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Their worries are entirely justified.
Not according the the bench outside Sainsbury's.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 04:32 PM

Some school kids are apparently so worried about climate change that they need counselling. Perhaps counsellors could advise them to pick up their take-away boxes and crisp packets when they go in at night.
Nice one,Longdogs.

Reported in the news today about the,I'll call them what they are,terrorists,they are so called eco warriors, eating McDonald's and other fast food takeaways while blocking up London,why are they not protesting about fast food outlets while they are there,fast food outlets produce lots of waste per neal every time you have a burger and fries,etc.

Are all the eco warriors using the loos in McDonald's and other eateries or have they bought thier own portaloos with them?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Nice one,Longdogs.

Reported in the news today about the,I'll call them what they are,terrorists,they are so called eco warriors, eating McDonald's and other fast food takeaways while blocking up London,why are they not protesting about fast food outlets while they are there,fast food outlets produce lots of waste per neal every time you have a burger and fries,etc.

Are all the eco warriors using the loos in McDonald's and other eateries or have they bought thier own portaloos with them?
One of them was playing a piano. I suppose it's just one big drug-filled street party for the unemployable.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-10-2019, 09:58 AM

I'm going to drop out of these environment hero bashing threads. It's just a continued "yes they are --- no they're not" argument
That's a shame Todger. I am sure the majority agree that changes are needed to ensure the future of the human race but it's the methods that are controversial.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why isn't she protesting in China and India where they really do have a problem ?

Stupid cow.
Be realistic .
Have you see how the Chinese treat their own Hong Kong citizens ?
Enough she is a child facing up to adults
It is for all of us to deal with the Chinese .
We only have to stop buying their products .

Who has not got stuff with made in China stamped on it ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:41 AM

I'm going to drop out of these environment hero bashing threads. It's just a continued "yes they are --- no they're not" argument
That's a shame Todger. I am sure the majority agree that changes are needed to ensure the future of the human race but it's the methods that are controversial.
Yes I agree it would be a shame Todger for you not to contribute on this and other threads about climate change. I don't think any of us are too blind to see that we can not continue on our present course of waste and pollution, and your previous Ideas are definitely food for thought.

Perhaps if we accepted that some foods are seasonal, and stopping transporting exotic fruits and veg from far off lands would reduce the amount of transport seen both on our roads and the oceans. I've even seen flowers in Tesco's imported from Kenya of all places....

If we were to use some of the space we have in our gardens to grow our own instead of block paving and concreting over good growing land. I know not everyone has a garden, but allotments could be designated and run by local groups of gardeners for the benefit of the village or town.

We have Village gardeners here where I live, mostly retired people who love gardening. They do a brilliant job keeping the village looking nice with baskets and pots spaced around the verges and greens and if they turned their hand to growing veg on a vacant plot of land I would definitely volunteer.

We have grown lazy over the years, driving short distances and disposing of more waste than seen at any other time in my life. As a boy we had one small dustbin collected every week, half full most weeks, now we have three large wheelie bins ( a black bin for general rubbish, Green bin for gardening rubbish and Blue bin for paper metal and most plastics) and a green box for glass, packed to the gunnels most weeks.

I can't understand why glass bottles and jars are not recycled.....
They are collected, broken up and added as cullet to new glass at the point of manufacture. My Dad worked for Rockware Glass and said that only a certain amount of cullet (10%) could be added to the mix when making new bottles. All the heat and energy in the firing process could be reduced if the bottles and jars were kept whole and reused by companies (like in the old days) and returned to be used again without the need to be smashed and reformed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Be realistic .
Have you see how the Chinese treat their own Hong Kong citizens ?
Enough she is a child facing up to adults
It is for all of us to deal with the Chinese .
We only have to stop buying their products .

Who has not got stuff with made in China stamped on it ?
I think I'm getting obsessed with looking for the place of manufacture now while out shopping with Mrs Fox.....

On a visit to M&S yesterday I was amazed to see every product was made abroad.....Bangladesh was top of the list with most items originating there, most upmarket things came from Cambodia with China being responsible for the rest. I could not find one single item made in the UK or even the EU....

All the pottery and kitchen Items were made in China.....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Perhaps Boyan should become mentor to Greta and harness her
passion into a practicle direction PD?

Regards Donkeyman!
That sounds like an excellent idea. She could possibly work out how many beetroots to spray a wall red , for the next theatrical performance by Extinction Rebellion.

I think she's done her bit now, by being the 'figure head' and being overshadowed by the theatrical productions which to my mind have no impact at all.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 12:48 PM

Prevention is always better than cure. Greta and the other environment reform heroes are addressing prevention.
Heroes? [QUOTE] A person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
"a war hero" A/QUOTE]

Page 25 of 50 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top