Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Floydy
Chatterbox
East Yorkshire
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 04:40 PM

Re: Hernia

Originally Posted by Solitaryman ->
I had exactly the same. Had to be back at work after two weeks. It’s important not to be lifting any heavy loads. Two years on and the scar is starting to fade away. If on the discharge letter was “Indirect hernia” then it’s been there since birth.
Did you have any further incidents after your operation and have to take things easy, solitaryman?

At the moment I get "reasonable" days and really bad moments. The waiting is the worst thing. I've done all I can to try and get my operation date but nothing's happening.
Meanwhile I'm bored out of my tree at home, it's driving me nuts not being able to do anything
Floydy
Chatterbox
East Yorkshire
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:42 PM

This is the last straw. Had enough.
I'm going to A&E in the morning.
What have I got to lose? They can do the op or send me home
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Solitaryman ->
I had exactly the same. Had to be back at work after two weeks. It’s important not to be lifting any heavy loads. Two years on and the scar is starting to fade away. If on the discharge letter was “Indirect hernia” then it’s been there since birth.
After my op I was told the opposite - straining was good because it presses the mesh, which was on the inside of the tear, harder against the muscle wall.

I had retired when this happened so there was no worry about work but I think I was back to 'normal' activities within a week, it was only day surgery. As it was keyhole surgery there were two tiny scars about 1cm long each which disappeared completely within a month or so (though I could probably identify the sites if I looked closely).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
This is the last straw. Had enough.
I'm going to A&E in the morning.
What have I got to lose? They can do the op or send me home
Best idea if they are making you wait - squeaky wheel and all that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
England
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Hey Floydy - how did you fair at A&E?
Floydy
Chatterbox
East Yorkshire

08-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hey Floydy - how did you fair at A&E?
I said earlier I would go if I was as bad as last night, Tabby. I'm not, so I didn't go.
I've had enough of all the fuss to be honest.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
England
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 03:52 PM

Ok.
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top