Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 03:31 PM

PayPal

Is it good or bad?

The reason I ask is this - on 27th September I ordered two Graphics CD roms from a craft supplier. It was an online purchase and at the checkout I had the choice of either signing up for a PayPal account or paying as a PayPal guest.

Not being sure of PayPal - I chose the guest option. I had an email from them saying the the transaction had cleared - checked my bank account and - yes - the money has gone.

I have not yet received the CDs, I have emailed the company twice and received only a statutory electronic response saying my query will be dealt with - no proper reply.

Tried to contact PayPal - but they only respond to account holders - not to guests.

Is it worth me joining PayPal?
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 03:44 PM

Re: PayPal

ST, I have a Paypal account for use with online transactions and have had no issues. That said, fortunately I have had no reason to query anything so am not perhaps the best person to advise you.

I do hope you receive your goods.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 03:49 PM

I joined Paypal and have had and am still having the same problem.
I purchased a stamp album using Paypal. It never arrived. I contacted the seller and was assured that it had been sent by Royal Mail. I contacted Paypal and, like you got a recorded message. I contacted Ebay as the album was purchased via them. They advised me to contact the seller again. I have heard from the seller asking if I would like a refund or try again. I e mailed him back and said that as I had paid for an album then an album I want. Not a refund. This is still ongoing and I am not giving up till I get what I paid for.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 03:59 PM

Been with paypal for some time. What I like about it is the supplier doesn't get to know your credit card number only that you have paid for the item, so they can send it
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Tabs I use PapPal all the time, especially for ebay and on-line shops.
Yes the money gets taken out of your account straight away, then you have to wait for your goods. But we have never had any problems with paypal.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Tabs I use PapPal all the time, especially for ebay and on-line shops.
Yes the money gets taken out of your account straight away, then you have to wait for your goods. But we have never had any problems with paypal.
Nor have I up till now but it is the way they deal with your problem that is annoying. Just an automated reply. Where is the human touch.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:11 PM

ST, I have been with PayPal for quite a number of years, especially when buying anything from EBay or Amazon or online shops. I feel much safer using them then disclosing my Credit Card details each and every time. Who knows who is on the other end and how honest they are. At least with PayPal, there is no risk of that happening as no details given. They are vouching for you.

Again, touch wood, I have never had a problem. I would wait until the outcome of this problem you have, and then if you wish, join Paypal as an account holder. I even pay my weekly home delivery shopping by Paypal as it is much quicker with just a press of a button.

Really sorry cannot assist with your problem itself. Paypal is renowned for being a 'beggar' to get through to. It all seems to be online. Good luck, hope your problem sorted out very soon. xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:47 PM

I have been with PP for many years and never had a problem.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:56 PM

I have been using PayPal as a defacto escrow for years and have never had a problem that was not resolved.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Tabby, when you tried to contact them, was it by email or phone?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top