Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 07:25 PM

Re: New Body anyone?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am quite happy with my body, it just needs tweaking.
A few inches added to my legs and a few inches off my bust.
Do yer excerises, I must, I must improve my bust
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:19 PM

If I had a new body, I'd like one that had never had asthma. A bigger and less weedy body than the one nature gave me. As a second choice, I'd have my own body but like it was 40 or so years ago. I used to get told that the cut of my jib was OK.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:23 PM

I like my little body with a tilt up thingy, small & discrete. I could swap it for something bigger that would give the same results with my existing lenses, but ...

Oh you mean a sex change?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Annie, like most of us, my body was better a few years ago - well . . lots of years ago actually.

I am lucky in some ways, still got everything I was born with at least. I just wish I could lose some weight, that's what bothers me most. I am not comfortable being overweight.

I will be starting a new exercise class shortly, so that will be 4 classes a week when I get organised, so I do try to stay active. I enjoy the company too.

I don't think I have abused my body too bad over the years though. There must be a lot worse.

I used to smoke a bit, but gave up about 25 years ago.
Never touched drugs or been around that environment.
I used to enjoy a tipple when I was younger, but haven't had a drink since last Christmas now.
Never broke any bones or had an operation even. ( Touch wood)!
Only ever been in hospital twice - once to have my son, and once to have my wisdom teeth out.

I have foot problems now though, which stops me walking miles like I used to. I find that really frustrating as I used to love going off for a long hike with my dogs for company.
I've always been happier outside than in.
Mups I always imagine you to be a yoga goddess and glowing with health. Four exercise classes pretty much proves my point! I'm sure you will lose any excess pounds in no time.

Sorry to hear about the foot problems. Is it an old injury or the curse of bunions? I'm wondering whether it can be fixed or helped with orthotics.

Foot problems are really frustrating particularly when everything else is working fine. I've had achilles tendon issues and sprains. Now all ok but you get to a point where you realise you cannot run marathons or climb mountains. You recognise that you are breakable. In my case I've had to be far more careful since various injuries. But with a new body I would just make the same mistakes and overdo it. Life is to be lived after all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mups I always imagine you to be a yoga goddess and glowing with health. Four exercise classes pretty much proves my point! I'm sure you will lose any excess pounds in no time.

Sorry to hear about the foot problems. Is it an old injury or the curse of bunions? I'm wondering whether it can be fixed or helped with orthotics.

Foot problems are really frustrating particularly when everything else is working fine.
I've had achilles tendon issues and sprains. Now all ok but you get to a point where you realise you cannot run marathons or climb mountains. You recognise that you are breakable. In my case I've had to be far more careful since various injuries. But with a new body I would just make the same mistakes and overdo it. Life is to be lived after all.

Yes, it is very frustrating, it does worry me because we're a bit stuffed without our feet, aren't we Annie.

I have no bunions, verruca's, corns, or anything like that.
The orthopaedic chap at the hospital said with some people as they age, the 'padding' on the soles of our feet wears thin. It hurts to walk on hard ground, it can feel like you're walking on the bone. I have also become flat footed which doesn't help.

He has made dozens of different orthotics for me, but it's not helping. The only thing he can do now is a steroid injection into my foot, but my friend has just had that done and she said not only was it excrutiating, but it only lasted about a week or two.

I have just bought some hellish expensive walking shoes with special protective soles, so trying them out now.

Do they do feet transplants?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 09:21 AM

Mups...The orthopaedic chap at the hospital said with some people as they age, the 'padding' on the soles of our feet wears thin. It hurts to walk on hard ground, it can feel like you're walking on the bone. I have also become flat footed which doesn't help.
You would think Mups in today's world of Botox and big ass and face implants.They would have something for the feet. I to suffer with the same thing as yourself where it feels like you are walking on just bone.
I keep buying different pairs of shoes and trainers that say they are good for sore feet but after a week or two my feet start hurting again.
Where's and old fashioned Clark's shoe shop when you need one.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
You would think Mups in today's world of Botox and big ass and face implants.They would have something for the feet. I to suffer with the same thing as yourself where it feels like you are walking on just bone.
I keep buying different pairs of shoes and trainers that say they are good for sore feet but after a week or two my feet start hurting again.
Where's and old fashioned Clark's shoe shop when you need one.

That's interesting, bigfella, you are the first one I have heard of with the same problem. It don't half hurt doen't it.
Have you tried the injection?
I don't really want it because even if it does stop it hurting, it is not correcting the cause, and there lies the root of it all.
As you say, if only they could pump some filler back!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:16 AM

That must be very distressing Mups particularly with dog walking restrictions! I don't understand why they want to give you the steroid injections as they might help the pain but are known to thin the skin. There are doctors who do fillers but it's not permanent.

I worry about such a condition myself as I have had mild issues with my left foot which was injured more than once and has less padding than the right. I wear those ugg type boots all the time in winter now. I didn't think of how it could get worse with age but I guess life seems to always have nasty surprises in store for our bodies.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's interesting, bigfella, you are the first one I have heard of with the same problem. It don't half hurt doen't it.
Have you tried the injection?
I don't really want it because even if it does stop it hurting, it is not correcting the cause, and there lies the root of it all.
As you say, if only they could pump some filler back!
Nope the last time I went to my gp if you remember it was last December, with a trapped nerve in my back.
Cannot stand sitting in surgery's with everyone around coughing and spluttering.
It not a safe place you know.

I may need a steroid injection in my left shoulder its been giving me bad pain for months now, wakes me up at night when I lay on it and my muscle mass is low these days so that may be the cause.
Today I am gonna try something that may solve the muscle problem I am gonna start taking Whey protein milk shakes and see if that helps rebuild the damage. You never know its gotta be better than going to that surgery..
Have a nice weekend and easy on the walking.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:25 AM

To answer this honestly is far too depressing but it’s an interesting question all the same. Some great answers too.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top