Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 12:04 PM

Re: Are you a tea totaller?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Horses for courses Floydy....
Each to their own, Bob yes. Surely you have a bottle of water with you when you're running though?
Treat yourself to a bottle of Wainwright ale when you're next at Tesco mate. You will enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A Tony Blair type drinker eh? He confessed to having just one small glass of wine a week. The big girl's blouse.
Well Judd, that's Bliar all over isn't it? You can't tell me he didn't have a good skinful when he was in his college rock band!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 12:06 PM

NO!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 12:07 PM

I love a couple of Beers and a Scotch (large) hic, burp...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I've always enjoyed my drink. Beer mostly but sometimes spirits (and cider too Ciderman). The drink might be bad for me but if it is, it's taking its time to make any symptoms known. I'm 75 next month.

I've lost a kidney (looked everywhere for it ) but that was nothing to do with the drink.
Good man. Nothing wrong with a few sociables
I'm restricted to one pint of bitter and a Becks Blue zero alcohol drink at the moment due to my hernia issue. Golly, I'll be celebrating when that's sorted out!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-10-2019, 12:11 PM

I keep forgetting this is in General Chat. Don't let them know I've been posting in here whatever hapoens. We'll never hear the end of it. The finger-waggers will be out in force!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Each to their own, Bob yes. Surely you have a bottle of water with you when you're running though?
Treat yourself to a bottle of Wainwright ale when you're next at Tesco mate. You will enjoy it.
Hi Floydy, I've never carried water on any run I've ever done....Except long (42 mile and over) fell runs. I have taken water from the drinks stations on marathons and half marathons, and in hot weather Mrs Fox has occasionally accompanied me on her bike and carried water for me while I was running fifteen and twenty milers while training on a Sunday morning. But generally in training, anything less than thirteen miles doesn't require a drink until the end.

It always amuses me when I see local runners doing three and four milers in the cool weather clutching litre bottles of water.....Mind you.....They listen to music as well....... Daft buggers!

Concerning the odd pint Floydy, I've always been a driver, especially when I was couriering. I took a lot of jobs from drinkers on Saturday nights because they had had a drink, I was on call 24/7....
And then delivering the post required a clear head at five in the morning...

Drinking the night before a run is not recommended....Dehydration occurs, and worse.
So I guess I just grew out of the habit of drinking....
Very low on my list of priorities now behind a McDonalds Burger.....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:41 PM

Are you a tea totaller?

Tea, nah, coffee totaller.

and the occasional bottle of plonk.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 11:05 PM

They don't stock plonk on the liquor shelves here in the states. At least I have never seen any item labeled Plonk
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 11:33 PM

I can drink like a fish but I have gone right off booze. If I have a drink it becomes a habit. I need one every day as a treat. I envy those who are happy to drink in moderation. I will probably have something at Christmas and New Year but long periods of teetotalling in between seems good for the liver particularly when you are so pickled that you no longer get hangovers so it's no longer a deterrent.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

12-10-2019, 06:43 AM

Moderation is a strange concept in anything, as a person has to go in search of a couple of extremists, at either and of a scale, to quantify it.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top