Join for free
Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Re: USA 2020 - Itinerary

Please trust me on this; don't go to Long Beach. It is a terribly depressing industrial city where the refineries are located. You would be very disappointed.

Santa Monica and Venice would be better, it would be much, much better than Long Beach. Look up Muscle Beach; you would love it!

Look at taking a day trip on the ferry to the Catalina Islands.

I can't emphasize this enough; don't spend your whole time in cities, Floydy! Grand Canyon - Yes! Yosemite - Yes! Pacific Coast Highway from San Fransisco down to Monterey and Carmel (Big Sur, Point Lobos, Monterey Aquarium)- Yes!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 04:44 PM

Floydy, if you are interested in waterfalls, some of the most beautiful in the world are at Yosemite.

Niagra Falls, is beautiful but just too far away. It would be farther than than flying to Moscow.

Consider this when planning:
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Please trust me on this; don't go to Long Beach. It is a terribly depressing industrial city where the refineries are located. You would be very disappointed.

Santa Monica and Venice would be better, it would be much, much better than Long Beach. Look up Muscle Beach; you would love it!

Look at taking a day trip on the ferry to the Catalina Islands.

I can't emphasize this enough; don't spend your whole time in cities, Floydy! Grand Canyon - Yes! Yosemite - Yes! Pacific Coast Highway from San Fransisco down to Monterey and Carmel (Big Sur, Point Lobos, Monterey Aquarium)- Yes!
Yes Surfermom, Niagara Falls isn't going to be possible. Mrs. F hasn't looked into it at all, just that it's a nice place to visit! The logistics are ridiculous.

We're doing the Grand Canyon as mentioned. I also mentioned that my wife cannot do much walking so Yosemite is out of the question, it is not possible with a broken foot, so that's not on the agenda as I previously noted.

I know you're all just giving me advice about this trip but it's getting very confusing. Some say some places must be seen, others say those are crap. Maybe it's best if I trust my instincts a little more. I will do my research believe me.

S'Mom - The place that doves keep coming back to me is Santa Monica and after FIVE revisions of my itinerary, I do think that it would be a cert if we kept that in. Maybe not Long beach after all then?

We only have three weeks and maybe, just maybe we would like to visit the cities. We don't come from America and there are so many sights to see in SF, New York, Chicago and Vegas - all those visitors that do go there enjoy it as far as I know and we WANT to go there. Perhaps we have different tastes, I dunno?

One thing is certain though. As soon as I can get hold of my pension, the trip is being booked. It will be finalised and finalised correctly, believe me.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 05:45 AM

This looks like a near-finished agenda (version 6):

Manchester 1 night
San Francisco 5 nights
San Diego 4 nights
Las Vegas 3 nights
Chicago* 2 nights
New York 6 nights

We may swap Chicago for Boston?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:21 AM

Hi

To each their own Floydy, if it works for you, that is what matters.

To start the holiday off properly why not book a lounge at Manchester Airport, far better than sitting around in the main bit.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...IaApAYEALw_wcB

Enjoy your trip.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-10-2019, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

To each their own Floydy, if it works for you, that is what matters.

To start the holiday off properly why not book a lounge at Manchester Airport, far better than sitting around in the main bit.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...IaApAYEALw_wcB

Enjoy your trip.
Hi Swimmy.
Yes, the Manchester one is an additional day really.
With me working nights (that is, if I still am next May?!), we will actually be able to leave a day earlier. We are booking a hotel at Manchester Airport so that we can take our time and freshen up for the long flight to San Francisco.
The lounge option is a good one and we'll probably take advantage of that, thanks
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 09:01 AM

Sounds lovely Floydy.....I'm getting excited for you both...what an adventure
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:35 AM

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

12-10-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
This looks like a near-finished agenda (version 6):

Manchester 1 night
San Francisco 5 nights
San Diego 4 nights
Las Vegas 3 nights
Chicago* 2 nights
New York 6 nights

We may swap Chicago for Boston?
Boston and Chicago are wonderful cities. You won't go wrong with either. I think you might like Boston for the proximity to New York, history and waterfront.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-10-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Boston and Chicago are wonderful cities. You won't go wrong with either. I think you might like Boston for the proximity to New York, history and waterfront.
Yes, I chose Chicago basically to have a break as it's a long flight from Las Vegas to New York. Would Vegas to Boston be much longer? I did think about having a 'day trip' from New York to Boston instead, I'm not sure the best way to do this?

Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top