Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 11:47 PM

Re: PayPal

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I can remember having an issue on one occasion. I telephoned them, because I never deal with complaints by email inn the first instance .
They were extremely helpful , and the problem was resolved without any trauma.
You should be able to telephone them , and if they ask if you are a guest or account holder (not even sure what that means ) just say you don't know what you are, let them do the hard work.
The money will be in a holding account and therefore if you do not get your item, it can be refunded, but I think they usually allow a good couple of weeks at least before doing anything.

Telephone the customer service contact number. 0800 358 7911

I agree with you Puddles, as I said in post 13.
Only thing is, when I have phoned them, I never seem to get anyone who speaks clear English.
Have you found that too?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with you Puddles, as I said in post 13.
Only thing is, when I have phoned them, I never seem to get anyone who speaks clear English.
Have you found that too?
No, my young man was perfectly English Try to work out the time of day. They work different hours to us over in Asia according to their clock !

I have found that British Gas is very difficult. I can't understand what any of them say unless it's someone from the UK, (even that's getting difficult at times ) but it's not me
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:26 AM

ST, I think I now understand about the 'guest' or 'account holder' .

That will not be anything to do with PayPal, that will only be in connection to the company you ordered from.

PayPal being the middleman between you and the company you purchase from.
On ebay, only when we have acknowledge receipt of the item, do the transactions go through to the company we purchased from.
I assume that a purchase from a company in your case would have to have a signature at your door on arrival, as proof of delivery .
Normally, these companies send emails to inform you of when they have despatched the items. Check your emails first and see if there is any update. So long as you have attempted to contact the company you have purchased from, and without any success, PayPal will step in and help.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 08:44 AM

As a PayPal account holder the responsibility is placed on the party that sends goods to ensure that they are delivered to you. It's why now so many of the suppliers use some form of recorded delivery.

I rate PayPal very highly indeed. A buyer in good standing can even use the escrow nature of PayPal as a form of cash on delivery. Moreover PayPal is now widely accepted by an increasing number of retail outlets in some cases even person to person.

It's also a very useful means of sending cash from account holder to account holder.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:22 AM

I don’t use PayPal. My sister does and she thinks it is great.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:54 AM

I have held a PayPal account for many years with no issues. In this case, PayPal has made payment to the company and everyone reasonably expects the company to send the CDs.

Telling PayPal about the non-delivery won't hurt but I'm not sure it will help. The company is where the problem lies. A PayPal account is still worth having despite the bad experience with this purchase. PayPal doesn't look to be at fault.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:08 AM

If you paid through paypal guest account, this means you would have had to use either a debit card or credit card. I would hope you used a credit card because you are protected from issues arising such as the one your experiencing. If you used a debit card you will have to carry on with the ways you are doing.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:42 AM

I paid for an item via Paypal that was never delivered. On contacting Paypal I was advised to contact the seller, which I did. The seller assured me that the item was posted the day they received the payment. What do I do now? Go back to Paypal?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
If you paid through paypal guest account, this means you would have had to use either a debit card or credit card. I would hope you used a credit card because you are protected from issues arising such as the one your experiencing. If you used a debit card you will have to carry on with the ways you are doing.
As far as I remember the credit card protection only applies to purchases in excess of £100 (and under £30k).

Some banks offer a degree of protection through the so called "Chargeback" scheme but unlike the credit card protection is not legally binding.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-10-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I paid for an item via Paypal that was never delivered. On contacting Paypal I was advised to contact the seller, which I did. The seller assured me that the item was posted the day they received the payment. What do I do now? Go back to Paypal?
Assuming that you are a PayPal account holder then yes.

You will then see (or be told) how to "open a case" and unless this is resolved you will get a refund after a couple of weeks.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top