Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Re: No Loo Rolls.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that's what I meant donkeyman.
Foxy had said there wasn't the obesity and diabetes there is nowadays and I thought probably because people had to walk more and eat differently.

I vaguely remember smogs. Didn't some areas gradually become ' Smokeless Zones' then?
The smokeless zones happened very quickly in the London area
Mups, l suppose it was an emergency there, even the bus drivers
used to get lost sometimes?
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that's what I meant donkeyman.
Foxy had said there wasn't the obesity and diabetes there is nowadays and I thought probably because people had to walk more and eat differently.

I vaguely remember smogs. Didn't some areas gradually become ' Smokeless Zones' then?
People simply didn't get old enough to develop heart disease, obesity, diabetes, alzheimer and many forms of cancer. Life expectancy between 1950 and now has increased by almost 20 years.
After a life time of hard work grand dad and mum sat in a chair in the kitchen, doing some small chores, giving advice to dad and mum, berating the grandchildren, and in essence, were waiting to die.
Nowadays people don't die at 55 because their bodies are worn down by life, but at 70 because their bodies turn of on bad living.
On the downside, they are not rewarded for their hard work by a resting phase. They are expected to be active and help their children and then the grandchildren because both mum and dad need to work to pay for the mortgage, and the authorities are no longer around to offer assistance.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
People simply didn't get old enough to develop heart disease, obesity, diabetes, alzheimer and many forms of cancer. Life expectancy between 1950 and now has increased by almost 20 years.
After a life time of hard work grand dad and mum sat in a chair in the kitchen, doing some small chores, giving advice to dad and mum, berating the grandchildren, and in essence, were waiting to die.
Nowadays people don't die at 55 because their bodies are worn down by life, but at 70 because their bodies turn of on bad living.
On the downside, they are not rewarded for their hard work by a resting phase. They are expected to be active and help their children and then the grandchildren because both mum and dad need to work to pay for the mortgage, and the authorities are no longer around to offer assistance.
My granny smoked like a trooper and died at the age of 92.....
Mrs Fox's Father died last year age 90......Both lived through the war years and didn't die of cancer or heart disease Solasch......

I think the short average life span was because a lot of them were shot fighting Jerry....
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

12-10-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The Guardian is good for this.
You'd save far more money with The Sun, Bread. First you'd get to read it, then you'd get to use it. Plus, The Sun is substantially cheaper given it's content, so it would be more bang for your buck
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
You'd save far more money with The Sun, Bread. First you'd get to read it, then you'd get to use it. Plus, The Sun is substantially cheaper given it's content, so it would be more bang for your buck
And it's sharp reporting would give you a bang in the back.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My granny smoked like a trooper and died at the age of 92.....
Mrs Fox's Father died last year age 90......Both lived through the war years and didn't die of cancer or heart disease Solasch......
My father used such arguments to not quit smoking. He didn't quit and died at 61 of lung cancer.
But the ages you state are in agreement with todays life expectancy. I stated that this expectancy had inclined over the years, as you can see in the graph below.

The article in this link is only for women, because men won't like to read this. https://theconversation.com/life-exp...2058-why-88063

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	file-20171123-18012-5q9bkl.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	10854  
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Don't know where you got your figures from.
In UK it was about 71 in 1960. It is now 81.

But what has that got to do with loo rolls?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-10-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Don't know where you got your figures from.
In UK it was about 71 in 1960. It is now 81.

But what has that got to do with loo rolls?
Start your reading at post 64.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 04:06 PM

If you are all going to start using newspapers as substitutes for loo rolls - how are you going to dispose of them? You cannot flush them away.

Soap and water is the best way - if it ever comes to that!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Soap and water is the best way - if it ever comes to that!
Will it?
We do make loo rolls in this country.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top