Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Re: PayPal

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Assuming that you are a PayPal account holder then yes.

You will then see (or be told) how to "open a case" and unless this is resolved you will get a refund after a couple of weeks.

Many thanks. I am certain the sender sent the item as looking at 'Track my order' it was down as 'In transit'
Lost in the post I expect as so many things are these days.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:43 PM

All sellers ought to have and be able to give proof of posting even if they don't use Royal Mail tracking .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Many thanks. I am certain the sender sent the item as looking at 'Track my order' it was down as 'In transit'
Did that include a tracking number for you to check the status of where your item was?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
All sellers ought to have and be able to give proof of posting even if they don't use Royal Mail tracking .
There is no requirement for that but if the goods bought from them via PayPal then PayPal will recover any monies credited to the sellers account or a direct charge and recovery commenced.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->

Does it give a tracking number? What does the courier's site show as what happened to the tracked package?
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:36 PM

Or as a last resort, write a letter to the company involved or the parent company basically saying that if the company does not resolve the issue and either a refund is given or the items you paid for are delivered you will proceed with the mater through the courts.

You can use the small claims court to recover your money, it can be done online and if you win, you can recover the courts costs from the company.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Or as a last resort, write a letter to the company involved or the parent company basically saying that if the company does not resolve the issue and either a refund is given or the items you paid for are delivered you will proceed with the mater through the courts.

You can use the small claims court to recover your money, it can be done online and if you win, you can recover the courts costs from the company.
One of the very big advantages of PayPal is that if the supplier can't prove an item has been delivered to your verified PayPal address then PayPal refunds you directly and takes action against the supplier.

The problem with taking actions to recover debt through the court system is that judgement being found in your favour can still be a long way from you getting any money.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 11:45 AM

UPDATE

Yesterday Create and Craft gave me an email address for 'Magik Graphis' so I sent off a polite - but firm - email asking what had happened to my order and why I had no response from the contact form on their website.

Just had a very apologetic email from the owner. My order was posted out, 1st Class, on 30th September. They are going to send replacements today, and will check for bugs on their website. Watch this space!
Zuleika
North West UK

14-10-2019, 01:10 PM

That's good news for you ST ,meanwhile that company will be lodging a claim with Royal Mail if what they say is true .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
That's good news for you ST ,meanwhile that company will be lodging a claim with Royal Mail if what they say is true .
They did say they were going to check with the Royal Mail. I hope they can can claim something back for lost mail - they almost lost a customer as well!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top