Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:15 PM

Re: What on Earth?!!

Back in the 70's, a tongue was a mightier weapon than a hand.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Back in the 70's, a tongue was a mightier weapon than a hand.
I gather by the wink emoji that you were not thinking with the 'right' head when you made that post.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
This, from Andy Jehring of the Sun Newspaper today.

A ‘’SHY’’ teenager is facing jail after being convicted of a sex crime for touching a girl’s arm.

Awkward Jamie Grififths, 19, googled ‘’how to make a friend’’ before trying to chat to her, a court was told.

It happened as the 17-year old walked home along a railway bridge in Knutsford, Cheshire, where they went to separate schools, magistrates were told.

The girl, who cannot be named, said she ‘’very quickly walked away’’ when he ‘’touched me on my arm’’, JPs heard.
She ‘’didn’t think much of it’’ until a few weeks later when, as she walked past him, ‘’he looked me in the eyes’’, the court heard.

The girl said Griffiths touched her waist for ‘’three to five seconds’’’ then ‘’smirked’’ before walking off. She broke down in tears after the ‘’traumatic’; experience and police were alerted.

Griffiths, now a student at Durham University, told JPs he had no sinister motive.

He said he was ‘’anxious’’ and wanted to ‘’make a friend’’ but ‘’the words didn’t come out right’’. He said: ‘’I’d hate to make someone feel uncomfortable or scared. Maybe it’s time to make friends another way’’

Griffiths was convicted of two sexual assaults. Manchester JPs told him: ‘’We can think of no motivation for you to touch the victim other than sexual’’.
He faces up to ten years in custody and could be made to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register when sentenced later this month.

UNQUOTE

Okay, I can understand it must have been upsetting for this young lady, but come on! how mature is she? and how come this girl is not named, yet this young immature boy is named, shamed, and future career destroyed? Okay, I am not saying what he did was right, but come on, a sexual predator? Sounds more to me that he was a shy, inexperienced young boy who didn’t know that by touching a girl on the arm or in the second instance, her waist, was wrong.

My opinion could be wrong, but I think the JPs have gone way over the top! What say you?
I think it's absolutely ridiculous.

The only advice I can think of, offhand, is that such easily-offended snowflakes should have the letters 'EOS' (Easily Offended Snowflake, for those who haven't worked it out yet!) tattooed on their foreheads for the protection of normal people.

We could then avoid even looking at them to prevent them suddenly bursting into tears or even finding the nearest tall building to jump off.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i think it's absolutely ridiculous.

The only advice i can think of, offhand, is that such easily-offended snowflakes should have the letters 'eos' (easily offended snowflake, for those who haven't worked it out yet!) tattooed on their foreheads for the protection of normal people.

We could then avoid even looking at them to prevent them suddenly bursting into tears or even finding the nearest tall building to jump off.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 07:55 AM

Back in the old days, folks tended to keep their protocol to themselves

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top