Join for free
Page 311 of 370 « First < 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 05:14 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

It is a fine thing go come across an interesting person who left a lasting mark, so I thank you for the introduction to Capability Brown. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy his labors one day! He is not unlike our Fredrick Law Olmsted a few generations after Brown, designed Central Park, but I digress...

I am sure all of outdoor Yorkshire was pleased to have you back home, and I am sure you were just as happy. Not a bad way to start back! There's always a few intrepid athletes on cruises who have to have their "fix" . I'll heed your advice and start early, but no too early...this is vacation, after all .

We had a cold-ish front come through this morning that opened the skies and left us puddle-flooded, but by this afternoon the skies were crystal clear and the humidity had actually dropped. That tells you something when the moisture in the air is lower after a rain than before it!

My daughter joined me today, and as it is Sunday, we had the forest trails to ourselves. With only the cicadas, a few lizards, and squirrel or two to encourage us with their songs and rustling of leave, we ran a light four miles with a really fast time. With that little victory, we rewarded ourselves with a pitcher or lemonade tea on the dock. Fun day!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 03:29 AM

Being on a guilt trip I thought I'd better make an appearance in the thread. It's very interesting reading about your exploits, new trainers and continuing sterling efforts with your running and gym training, respectively. Well done all

The part I don't actually feel so guilty about is not actually training myself. I have done nothing for over a week and I'm not even bothered about it. I work hard, I'm enjoying the sunny weather outdoors and that is essential for my wellbeing due to my nocturnal working hours, so be it. I'll be back at the gym when the weather gets cooler like I always do.

Because I'm not rying to fit everything in to my three hour slot of freedom time per day, I'm feeling much more content with life as I'm relaxed, and that is such a great feeling.
My wife is doing well too, I have been starting to make inquiries about possible employment changes and it's now less than three months until I can clear my 20-year old debt problem.
Life is looking sweet at long last.

Keep it going folks, I'm sure I'll be joining you all again in here within a week or so
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 03:46 AM

Floydy! I am actually proud of you for taking a break. Even Olympic athletes take lengthy breaks for physical and mental recovery. If part of that mental break is stepping away from the fitness threads for a while - good for you .

I am delighted to hear your wife is doing better and it it's been hard and dedicated work to get yourself to the place in which you had options on where and when you wanted to work.

Enjoy the summer and recuperate away!

The weights aren't going anywhere .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 11:18 AM

It's good to hear from you Floydy.....And I'm glad things are finally working out for you and Mrs Floydysaurus.....

I looked old Freddy up Surfermom, and he did some outstanding stuff during his life, not least of which was Central Park which has probably set the standard for all future cities....
'A pitcher of lemonade tea on the dock'......Sounds like something out of a Tom Sawyer story...... Idyllic....'Miss Daisy's Lemonade Tea' and a slice of 'Key Lime Pie'.....

Oh yes!....back to today's effort......Five hot dusty miles under a blazing sun!.....and afterwards......Sitting under the pigeon loft with a mug of Sweet Yorkshire tea and a Bakewell Tart.....

PS:- I hope Mrs Fox doesn't mind me calling her a 'Tart'......runs for cover!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 04:34 PM

A nice gym session yesterday, not as good as the best one I had recently, but even with the air-con on the gym is pretty humid. I found it quite energy-sapping! How you amazing runners do it I'll never know.

Even feeling drained a bit I mnaged a score of 90/100, burnt 1024 calories and lifted 67,790kg, with the leg workout continuing to surpass the arm and body workout totals combined, being 51% of the workout. I'm sure the datakey system missed out some crunches and back extensions, though, as other people were noticing the key system was a bit glitchy. Still, as long as the leg workouts are at 120kg on the leg sled I'm happy anyway.

Take care all and watch out for those heat levels!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

23-07-2019, 04:45 PM

Glad to see you all fighting the heat and humidity Florida style! Well done!

It's actually cooler today as showers in the night knocked down the heat.

This is a short entry as I am off on vacation. You can bet that I will remain true to the cause (and honestly so I can enjoy the pizza, pasta, and wine), and will report in when I can.

Wishing you all well!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 11:03 AM

At the minute I've got as far as 3 exercise sessions a week for 30 mins each usually early morning. Now I have the exercise bike I try and hop on it for 10 mins here and there at least once a day.

Got a comfy gel seat and some virtual cycling DVD's coming this week so hope to building up my time on that next week and trying aiming to do 5 days a week exercise (on 2 days 30 mins kettlebells, 1 day 30 mins wii fit/yoga, 2 days 30 mins cycling) with a couple of rest days, plus trying to walk round the house and garden as much as I can manage with rollator with leg weights on to help build calf muscles.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Wow, this heat is a killer, even in a nice air-conditioned gym! Still, a nice steady session yesterday, scoring 92/100, 1161 calories burnt and 77,410kg lifted. That doesn't include some work on the cable/pulley weights which doesn't get recorded on the training app's console.

I am getting carried away with the leg work, strangely, and the leg work accounted for 61% of the workout. If I'd been told that 6 months ago I would have laughed! It must be the novelty. I've just beaten the total I lifted in May, when I topped the chart in the gym for most weight lifted, and I have 3 or 4 sessions left to go in this month, so I am pleased with that regardless.

Training on Saturday, if the heat hasn't melted me! Have fun, whatever your form of training is.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 01:39 PM

Floydy where are you!
PM box out of order! X
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Hi all, would you mind if I reply to your posts and your exercise outings when I'm at work later please?...just a it pushed for time

Making my return having sorted my all-too-fragile life out lol, I spent the best part of this morning devising a new training template. What I have arrived at is a fixed 4-day (numbered) programme which splits my entire range of exercises in a do-able order which I will fit into each week. I will adjust each exercise’s reps and weight each time for the next week’s session.
Every session will be full body, upper and legs mixed but no exercise will be done twice per week, slight variations will occur.
Training days may vary depending on commitments etc but the training will still be carried out one way or another to fulfil the respective routines. You will see how this works out as I go along.
Typing the routine out just one will enable me to save time each week by simply copying and pasting each session, changing figures slightly where adjustments are made.

As my first of these sessions has fallen on a Sunday, normally there wouldn’t be such a long workout as I have work tonight, but ho hum I’ll ride with it. I’m sure I’ll be okay later on!

Workout #1: Sunday 28 July 2019 1hr.30mins.
(All weights in kgs)

Horizontal ‘sled’ press:
Feet low to high:
25x120, 20x150, 18x170, 15x190
12x200 +3, +3, +3, +3, +3, +3

Feet high to low:
12x200, 18x180, 25x160, 20x140, 40x120

*An exhaustive return after over three weeks away from the gym! I was on this first machine over twenty minutes – luckily the gym wasn’t very busy today.
You will notice that the foot positions vary on the uphill back down to downhill as the weights change from higher to lower. This ensures that all of the muscles from the hamstrings, side quads, inner knee quads and glutes experience a full workout. Well pumped up!

Calf press (using sled. Pushing with toes from bottom of plate, not from the quads):
25x100, 20x120, 15x140, 12x160 +5
20x100

Lat pulldown (hammer attachment):
15x35, 10x50 +3, 8x60+2, 6x70+1

Seated row:
15x41, 12x47 +3, 10x53 +2, 6x59 +1

Pec dec:
20x40, 15x45 +3, 12x50 +2, 8x60 +1

DB preacher curl (leaning forward over bench), alternate arms:
10x14, 8x16 +3, 6x18 +2, 4x20 +1

DB concentration curl, alt:
8x14, 6x16 +3, 5x18 +2, 4x20 +1

*You will notice from the above few exercises that I have utilised my previous ‘extra few reps’ system (i.e. ‘tension training’), pausing after the set and pushing out 3,2, or 1 more rep on each set. This enables the muscles to contract and therefore become firmer.

Standing E-Z curl (paused):
6x28 – pause - 6x28 – pause - 6x28 – pause - 6x28
*Without putting down the barbell I paused for breath for a couple of seconds after each set then carried on. This is extremely difficult but creates a huge effectiveness in the biceps. Not easy though!

Tricep extensions:
25x40, 15x50 +3, 12x60 +2, 8x70 +1
*I need to add more of the extra reps to this exercise next time to feel any benefit. Either that or increase the weight to suit my strength. We’ll see next time.

All well and good but fit to collapse! My other three sessions this week will have to run consecutively as from Thursday and next weekend I will be unavailable (I’ll explain then). Some heavy work in the gym this week to come this week then!

Thanks for reading

Page 311 of 370 « First < 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top