Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 04:28 PM

Re: Vending machines

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's what I'm saying, Julie
The government should be pushing healthier food more than they are doing. You'd think logically that because food has less sugar, fat and salt in it that it would be actually cheaper to produce. For some reason it's the opposite. No wonder there is one hell of a burden on the NHS.
Sugar fat and salt are too cheap to ever be bettered by healthier options. Also many healthier options are full of sugar anyway, fructose and the acid destroys teeth.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 04:44 PM

Our Train Station has Vending machines but also has a café, you can buy Crisps, Chocolates and fizzy drinks from the Vending machine double the price to the Café which is also on the Station.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Good afternoon, Floydy...I am always surprized when at the hospital...to find their vending machines, full of the same kind of crap as in your photo. You would think hospitals could and would, do better with healthier choices...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Good afternoon, Floydy...I am always surprized when at the hospital...to find their vending machines, full of the same kind of crap as in your photo. You would think hospitals could and would, do better with healthier choices...
Hi Filly.
Quite true, yes. An interesting point
I've used them in hospitals normally to get someone I'm seeing a cold drink but depending on what they are in there for it may not be a good thing to buy an ill friend or relative junk food.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Filly.
Quite true, yes. An interesting point
I've used them in hospitals normally to get someone I'm seeing a cold drink but depending on what they are in there for it may not be a good thing to buy an ill friend or relative junk food.

I know, eh...it just doesn't make any sense to me... I am going to the Diabetic Clinic in the hospital near me, next month...I shall take a peek and see, if they're are any close by that dept... Then if they're are...I shall complain...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 08:51 PM

The good thing about having a problem with gluten is that you can't eat half the stuff in vending machines. But you'd have thought that with all the advances in technology vending machines would have evolved a bit by now. You should at least be able to use a credit or debit card you'd think.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The good thing about having a problem with gluten is that you can't eat half the stuff in vending machines. But you'd have thought that with all the advances in technology vending machines would have evolved a bit by now. You should at least be able to use a credit or debit card you'd think.
But as I mentioned in my post, Annie, vending machines are now equipped with a card reader such as the one in my post.

Following on from this thread, I'm actually not going to take any money with me to work tonight, or anymore for that matter.
I have my pack up and two plastic boxes with coffee and green tea bags in them. I have no need for cash and certainly not a credit card.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:06 PM

Oh ok I haven't come across those yet Floydy.

You should just go gluten free like Djokovic!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-10-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh ok I haven't come across those yet Floydy.

You should just go gluten free like Djokovic!
Ha. No, I'm happy making up my own lunch box. That way I know how healthy my food is.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My husbands last job was filling them up floydy he did that for well over 20 years. They experimented at times with healthy options it's never popular. Lots went bad as no one wanted it.

You are paying for a lot more than a chocolate bar in those machines, person to fill it, van, petrol, warehouse, staff in the warehouse. The machines cost well over a thousand pounds and maintaining them isn't cheap. Also most are rented so you are paying for that too. They cost a bit to run as they are cooled and lit up.

It just isn't the same as buying a multipack for cheapness in the supermarket, nor is it easy to get people to eat an apple if they want chocolate.

Btw most vending fillers are on less than nmw so they aren't exactly making a huge wage out of it.
Good points if I may say so.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top