Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:26 PM

Raising my bed

I want to raise the top end but not with anything on the mattress .
Bed already on castors .
I know you can buy things but how do I work out which will be suitable ?
Any suggestions ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:31 PM

Re: Raising my bed

I have an electric bed, well two singles, made up together but independent, can raise top or bottom or both together.
Before we bought these my late OH put wooden blocks under the head under the legs to higher our king size. He needed it I didn't.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have an electric bed, well two singles, made up together but independent, can raise top or bottom or both together.
Before we bought these my late OH put wooden blocks under the head under the legs to higher our king size. He needed it I didn't.
Did you slide out the bottom Tiff?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I want to raise the top end but not with anything on the mattress .
Bed already on castors .
I know you can buy things but how do I work out which will be suitable ?
Any suggestions ?

Zuleika,when I first read your post..I thought you were talking about a raised bed in the garden,

Sorry I can't help you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 05:53 PM

Zuleiker, depending on why you want to do this, I assume it is for health reasons and it's none of my business.
However, I am wondering by how much of a raise you need?

There are aid you can buy, as you say, but might it also be worth considering something like this in the link below, rather than raising the bed itself?

Just another option to consider perhaps?

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/b...SABEgLvO_D_BwE
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 06:14 PM

I am thinking of raising teh bottom of my bed .
I always seem to be sinking downhill.
And I only have a flattish pillow .
Maybe it's just life
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am thinking of raising teh bottom of my bed .
I always seem to be sinking downhill.
And I only have a flattish pillow .
Maybe it's just life
I have two pillows but seem to still be sinking downhill at the top end .Weird because I’d have thought legs weighed heavier than the part above the waist .
I’ve always had sturdy legs .
How much does a head weigh I wonder ?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 06:50 PM

When I had problems with my knee (damaged cartilage in road accident years' ago) it was recommended to raise the foot of the bed, this would allow the gathering fluid to naturally run back up my leg to disperse it. I used two old books, one placed under each leg at the top of the bed. That was enough but at first it did seem as if I was going to slide out, towards the head of the bed. That feeling soon went, better still, the advice worked my knee returned to how it usually was.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Did you slide out the bottom Tiff?
Luckilly no, but it felt as if I might. With the two singles he could move his as he wanted & I could lay flat.
Zuleika
North West UK

01-07-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Zuleiker, depending on why you want to do this, I assume it is for health reasons and it's none of my business.
However, I am wondering by how much of a raise you need?

There are aid you can buy, as you say, but might it also be worth considering something like this in the link below, rather than raising the bed itself?

Just another option to consider perhaps?

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/b...SABEgLvO_D_BwE
Might have done the job Mups but on reading one review it's only 18inches wide .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top