Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Email entitled "Login notification from PayPal"

Contents:

New login to PayPal

We noticed a new login with your PayPal account associated with abc*@xyz*.com from a device we don't recognise.

Chrome Windows 10

October 1, 07:31 AM PDT

If this wasn't you, please change your password immediately and review your account for unauthorised activity.
* 'abc' and 'xyz' are substitute names

This is apparently from a legitimate source and similar emails have appeared all over the world.

Myself and all those reportedly affected are confused since the message is non-specific and does not appear to relate to any account activity that has taken place,

PayPal have been notified and say it's not a scam but also deny the existence of a "problem".

Has anyone else received a similar email?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 06:58 PM

Re: Email entitled "Login notification from PayPal"

I get loads of emails from PayPal that are scams I delete them all .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I get loads of emails from PayPal that are scams I delete them all .
Apparently, this is NOT a scam .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 07:14 PM

Hmmmm I am so suspicious of everything .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

02-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Many of the respondents on the PayPal support site believe that there's a "bug" with Mint, a free budgeting app that interfaces with PayPal, but I don't use Mint.

Maybe one of my "suppliers" does, though .....

Some of those who changed their passwords, as requested, still received further similar emails, which, nevertheless, do not conform to the description "suspicious activity":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...cious-activity

There are some hints about identifying scam email below, but it’s often difficult to be sure if something is real or fake since scammers adjust their tactics. So, if you have the slightest doubt, send it to our experts for investigation.
BIB - That's what I've done so far .....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:13 PM

None as yet Omah .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hmmmm I am so suspicious of everything .
Same here Muddy, anything I haven't asked for gets deleted without opening....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 12:42 PM

I have received similar emails but only after changing certain details. I don't think I have had any scam ones from them either.

Omah, could it be 'activity' connected to streaming?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

03-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have received similar emails but only after changing certain details. I don't think I have had any scam ones from them either.

Omah, could it be 'activity' connected to streaming?
Definitely not due to streaming - none was in progress or had been undertaken recently.

After some investigation, I've narrowed down the possibility (timewise) to a change I made to my BT email accounts - I deleted one and the PayPal email referred to the remaining other one - on the same day.

There's no link between the accounts as far as I know - the PayPal account is registered with a Google account - but maybe the BT software is linked to PayPal ......
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Contents:

* 'abc' and 'xyz' are substitute names

This is apparently from a legitimate source and similar emails have appeared all over the world.

Myself and all those reportedly affected are confused since the message is non-specific and does not appear to relate to any account activity that has taken place,

PayPal have been notified and say it's not a scam but also deny the existence of a "problem".

Has anyone else received a similar email?
Its a normal message if you log in on a new computer or a new browser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top