Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 07:59 AM

New challenge in Scottish Courts (again)

Good Morning!

I've been watching these posts with interest trying to understand which of the media reports were closest to true about what was going on.

This morning I'd typed in 'brexit latest news' and this article came up in the independant

It says "They are taking advantage of a procedure known as "nobile officium" available only to the Edinburgh court, which enables the court to take urgent action to uphold the law in exceptional circumstances"

Boris threatening to ignore the Benn law apparently applies as one such situation in which they could use it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9142096.html

So does this mean we're definitely not going to leave without a deal or would he still be able to apply the other emergency law it talked about previously to close down the govt for 30 days or something??

Tbh I don't really understand it but realise it's going to have an effect on things like prices, deliveries, possible riots (either way) etc.

At the minute I'm wondering whether it will be safe for my grandkids to go out trick or treating on halloween or whether there are going to be riots whether we leave the Eu or don't????

Susan
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 09:22 AM

Re: New challenge in Scottish Courts (again)

The eventual decision of the Court should prove interesting, especially if that decision is made in favour of the challenge that has been put forward for a decision.

"A Scottish judge is being asked to consider whether Boris Johnson could be jailed if he takes the UK out of the EU without a deal.

A legal challenge is to be heard at the Court of Session about whether the prime minister could be forced to delay Brexit if no exit deal is agreed.

However Mr Johnson has said he would rather be "dead in a ditch" than ask European leaders for another extension.

The court case seeks to establish what might happen if he refuses to act."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-49924755
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Not content with having scuttled off to the Supreme Court to get their bidding done the EU, sorry, Remainers, are now scuttling off to the Scottish Courts again to try and get some law passed to make sure Boris doesn't ignore the law they already established with the "Surrender Act".

I mean this is really pathetic stuff.

What's the point of a law if it has to have additional legislation to make sure people abide by it?

Brexit: Scottish judge to decide if Boris Johnson can be jailed over no-deal exit

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...exit-1-5017128
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not content with having scuttled off to the Supreme Court to get their bidding done the EU, sorry, Remainers, are now scuttling off to the Scottish Courts again to try and get some law passed to make sure Boris doesn't ignore the law they already established with the "Surrender Act".

I mean this is really pathetic stuff.

What's the point of a law if it has to have additional legislation to make sure people abide by it?

Brexit: Scottish judge to decide if Boris Johnson can be jailed over no-deal exit

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...exit-1-5017128

What's the point of having an executive if you can't rely on them doing your bidding? Parliament has chosen the way of enforcing on boris the need to abide the law.
The other way is sending the lettre for an extension to A50 themselves.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 12:59 PM

Typical stunt by Joanna Cherry and the SNP. Being dieheart Remainers, they will be frothing at the mouth right up to the bewitching hour.

Let em, all they are doing is making themselves look right fools, and an embarrassment to the majority of Scottish people.

These cretins, along with the other remainers in the HOC, have already put a barrier up to Boris getting a good deal with the Benn act. Joanna Cherry and her ilk don't give a flying fig about the UK.

I truly wish we could boot them up the backside out of the Commons.
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

04-10-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Let em, all they are doing is making themselves look right fools, and an embarrassment to the majority of Scottish people.
Would that be the majority of Scottish people that voted to remain in the EU? I trust BJ will be giving the Scottish parliament a veto over his "deal", as he has for the Northern Irish.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 01:06 PM

The best leaving deal is the one theresa may has negotiated. Even boris is slowly coming to that realisation.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I truly wish we could boot them up the backside out of the Commons.

Well come the election many of these traitorous MPs will be rightly ejected from parliament. They are utter fwits every one of them. As you say they spit in the face of UK people casting aside our democratic vote like it is worthless, superceding the sovereignty of parliament by crying off to the courts to get laws made that suit their political agendas.

It's a very serious assault on the basic democratic principles of the country, effectively nullifying parliament and therefore effectively removing any voice of the UK people.

That situation must be challenged and put right by whatever means are required.

The courts are not sovereign. They are not elected by the people, they are not accountable to the people. Once they start meddling in politics and the decisions of a sovereign parliament then they cross a line and establish themselves as UK dictators.

Like I said, that has to be dealt with by any and all means and democracy and parliamentary sovereignty restored.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 01:15 PM

Courts are now being abused and democracy is being abused as a result.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

04-10-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
Good Morning!

I've been watching these posts with interest trying to understand which of the media reports were closest to true about what was going on.

This morning I'd typed in 'brexit latest news' and this article came up in the independant

It says "They are taking advantage of a procedure known as "nobile officium" available only to the Edinburgh court, which enables the court to take urgent action to uphold the law in exceptional circumstances"

Boris threatening to ignore the Benn law apparently applies as one such situation in which they could use it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9142096.html

So does this mean we're definitely not going to leave without a deal or would he still be able to apply the other emergency law it talked about previously to close down the govt for 30 days or something??

Tbh I don't really understand it but realise it's going to have an effect on things like prices, deliveries, possible riots (either way) etc.

At the minute I'm wondering whether it will be safe for my grandkids to go out trick or treating on halloween or whether there are going to be riots whether we leave the Eu or don't????

Susan

The ultimate outcome is uncertain. But, boris will request an extension of brexit. Probably the EU will grant it. Wether it will be till 31 januari 2020 or longer remains to be seen.
Should boris refuse to request the extension, he will face prosecution. And someone else will request the extension on behalf of parliament.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top