Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:56 AM

Are you a "morning" person?

I'm not. I'm grumpy.

My apologies, Tabby.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:59 AM

Re: Are you a "morning" person?

Yes i'm up and rearing to go at 6am every morning, by late afternoon I don't want to do anything.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:16 AM

Oh dear Floydy, hope you cheer up a bit soon!
I'm up early but have to nap in the afternoon or I can't function.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:16 AM

I wake up early but I still wouldn't say I'm a morning person. I feel lazy & lifeless & never seem to get going until after 11.00am.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Oh dear Floydy, hope you cheer up a bit soon!
I'm up early but have to nap in the afternoon or I can't function.
It's not about having to cheer up, TessA. I, like many people do not enjoy getting up early. I need a cup of tea immediately otherwise it's back to bed again.
I've been on nights too long I think!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:45 AM

No definitely no, never have been. My husband is the opposite and he is at his best on a morning.

I.m a night owl .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:57 AM

Not sure what I am....i think i have a confused body clock....it ticks when it should tock
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:09 AM

No, I am definitely not a 'morning person' and possibly for the same reason as Floydy – I once worked permanent night shifts. My personal thoughts on this are that we are not nocturnal beings anyway, our 'usual' times to be awake and asleep are governed by our circadian rhythm or 'body clock'. This is regulated by our brains in response to light and dark, night and day. Light is taken in through our eyes and activates a part of the brain, this in turn regulates things such as blood pressure and other responses required for a waking day. Try and go against this natural rhythm and it affects our mood. It's probably alright for a short while but for longer then it's completely going against nature. Our 'body clock' doesn't know where it is, whether it should be instructing us for a day's activity, so activating certain proteins required for that, or whether those should be lessened, as is required for a night's restful sleep. Just one example of this, our blood pressure drops at night and increases on waking in preparation for a day's activity.

My working life up until semi-retirement included over 20 years on permanent night shifts. That was required by the industry in which I worked, those hours suited me at the time. However, that was now over 25 years' ago and my circadian rhythm is still out of kilter, often causing sleep problems and I guess it always will. We cannot mess with nature without some downside showing itself.

Most of us are also 'night' or 'day' people so that is another factor. No idea why this is, perhaps to do with the time we are born? I have never been a 'morning' person so always much happier being awake into the small hours, possibly that is why permanent night shifts suited me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-10-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No, I am definitely not a 'morning person' and possibly for the same reason as Floydy – I once worked permanent night shifts. My personal thoughts on this are that we are not nocturnal beings anyway, our 'usual' times to be awake and asleep are governed by our circadian rhythm or 'body clock'. This is regulated by our brains in response to light and dark, night and day. Light is taken in through our eyes and activates a part of the brain, this in turn regulates things such as blood pressure and other responses required for a waking day. Try and go against this natural rhythm and it affects our mood. It's probably alright for a short while but for longer then it's completely going against nature. Our 'body clock' doesn't know where it is, whether it should be instructing us for a day's activity, so activating certain proteins required for that, or whether those should be lessened, as is required for a night's restful sleep. Just one example of this, our blood pressure drops at night and increases on waking in preparation for a day's activity.

My working life up until semi-retirement included over 20 years on permanent night shifts. That was required by the industry in which I worked, those hours suited me at the time. However, that was now over 25 years' ago and my circadian rhythm is still out of kilter, often causing sleep problems and I guess it always will. We cannot mess with nature without some downside showing itself.

Most of us are also 'night' or 'day' people so that is another factor. No idea why this is, perhaps to do with the time we are born? I have never been a 'morning' person so always much happier being awake into the small hours, possibly that is why permanent night shifts suited me.
We are very similar in this respect, Baz, as you know
Night shifts screw you up don't they?

I would yearn for more time to do things during the day but now I've been off sick for six weeks (and counting) I have too much time on my hands - but that is due to my ailment as I'm not physically able top do anything much!
Sod's law isn't it just?!!
And the worse thing is, I'm still up during the night. My body clock hasn't adjusted even after this time being away from work.
The term "living nightmare" is actually a reality

*By the way, I went back to bed again this morning at 8.30, up again at 10 and I'm feeling much better now!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:33 AM

I am squarely a morning person. I'm up with the kookaburras every morning at around 6.30 and it's my job to get the other two up and going. Not trying to rub it in Floydy but I love mornings. My house backs on to national park bushland and the morning atmosphere is magic if it's a nice day. Always been the same.
PS Glad you're feeling better Floydy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top