Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:21 AM

Which Celebrity Adverts, Stick Out In Your Mind?

These days, l fast forward the advertising between programmes on television. Years ago, when you didn’t have that facility, you either left the room to do something else or endured them!

This morning, l was eating my breakfast cereal, Shredded Wheat and l was trying to think who promoted them in an advert years ago. I thought, ? Billy Wright?
I think he said, ‘Pass the hot milk’?

I then thought of other celebrity adverts...

The drink, Campari, with the skinny, Cockney model Lorraine Chase.
‘Where were you wafted here from? Paradise?’
‘No, Luton Airport’!

Then, there was Joan Collins and ‘Mr Rigsby’ actor, Leonard Rossiter on a plane, advertising Cinzano.

Can you remember any classic adverts starring famous people?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:29 AM

Re: Which Celebrity Adverts, Stick Out In Your Mind?

Lots and lots. Tens and tens. Maybe a hundred. But many of my favourites were Australian ads featuring Australian celebrities. Not much point mentioning them on this "Britcentric" forum innit. Because you lot have probably never seen them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Lots and lots. Tens and tens. Maybe a hundred. But many of my favourites were Australian ads featuring Australian celebrities. Not much point mentioning them on this "Britcentric" forum innit. Because you lot have probably never seen them.
keezoy, We might have seen adverts for Australian beer on our UK televisions?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Then, there was Joan Collins and ‘Mr Rigsby’ actor, Leonard Rossiter on a plane, advertising Cinzano.
One of my all-time favourites:

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:45 AM

I remember when Norman Vaughn used to advertise Cadbury's Roses and Alan Freeman used to advertise OMO washing powder. Dusty Springfield used to advertise Mother's Pride bread too.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:52 AM

A '60's selection:

A couple of my favourites in there .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well mate, I note that your very own Paul Hogan is 80 today. Here's one of his:
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-10-2019, 11:20 AM

I have just checked who did the Shredded Wheat advert and it was Danny Blanchflower, not Billy Wright!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

08-10-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have just checked who did the Shredded Wheat advert and it was Danny Blanchflower, not Billy Wright!
"Pass the hot milk please".
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 11:47 AM

I used to like the BT ads with Maureen Lipman as Beatie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top