Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Re: Jurassic Park - here we come!

Aren't all dogs descended from Wolves ? or is that a myth ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Be funny if they brought back prehistoric dogs or something as you are so keen
Nah. Prehistoric dogs were nothing to be afraid of at all.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Looks like things are hotting up in the old bring the dino back to life saga . Wouldn't it be great to see the big beasties bouncing about again ?
Tiny matter of over 65 million years between the extinction of the dinosaurs and the woolly mammoth - the latter co existed with modern humans and Neanderthals. Not to mention that the Jurassic period was about 150 million years ago (Thanks to a recent visit to the Canberra Dinosaur Museum - you just never know when these apparently useless facts come in useful)

I do like the idea of bringing the Tassie Tiger back though.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Tiny matter of over 65 million years between the extinction of the dinosaurs and the woolly mammoth - the latter co existed with modern humans and Neanderthals. Not to mention that the Jurassic period was about 150 million years ago (Thanks to a recent visit to the Canberra Dinosaur Museum - you just never know when these apparently useless facts come in useful)

I do like the idea of bringing the Tassie Tiger back though.
Just a matter of time is all. They will crack it eventually. Be ginormous T Rex running all over the place before long .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Aren't all dogs descended from Wolves ? or is that a myth ?
In principle possibly but hard to see in some breeds (Betty pup)
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In principle possibly but hard to see in some breeds (Betty pup)
Not to mention the Pug
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
No way. I want one for a pet. Think of it. Dogs will run a mile from it .
Oh yeah... sure... Just think of all the irresponsible people who would neglect to tether their Dino!! Imagine how that would affect your run! Not to mention.. what if people didn't pick up after them?? Imagine the size of THAT mess. One would need a vaulting pole.. right?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

20-08-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Oh yeah... sure... Just think of all the irresponsible people who would neglect to tether their Dino!! Imagine how that would affect your run! Not to mention.. what if people didn't pick up after them?? Imagine the size of THAT mess. One would need a vaulting pole.. right?
I was thinking more of just me having one really . Seems a lot more fun that way - for me anyways. As far as the mess well I wouldn't bother to pick it up - pay back time .

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Yes I think they will eventually crack it and then what wonders to behold!
I would love it if they could bring back our original ancestors, I'd be having a few words with Eve over that apple business.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 09:09 PM

I wonder if its droppings would be any good for the roses?

Nah, seriously, it could prove fatal to bring such creatures back and, to answer a question previously asked by Rachel, yes dogs are descended from the wolf but, because of inter-breeding there are so many different "flavours" of dog these days.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top