Join for free
Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 09:53 AM

Re: Theresa May

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Whoever wins the leadership, and I hope it is May, will go to the country when they need to, but the last thing that the country needs right now is a General Election I would have thought, even from Labour's point of view!
What the country does need is a strong steadying hand to calm the waters and move forward from Brexit which I think May can provide. There really is enough chaos throughout British politics at the moment surely, without generating any more unnecessary turmoil in the country....
I agree but what we really didn't need was one pm to throw his toys from the pram and flounce and the opposition to chose this moment to revolt none of them thinking of uk at all just saving their own careers !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I really think this phrase nasty party is a bit overused now. Very tiresome. How much more dirt can people dig up. Do you actually believe what is written in a newspaper?

I have never voted conservative but probably a more beneficial discussion should take place when the poor women gets elected.
Good point Goldie, trouble is, together with other forms of media, they influence the way many people think. They can destroy anyone they choose, some good reputations have gone down the drain through biased reporting.
I don't think it matters anymore what the average person thinks, all decisions have already been made.....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but what we really didn't need was one pm to throw his toys from the pram and flounce and the opposition to chose this moment to revolt none of them thinking of uk at all just saving their own careers !
I think Cameron had no option but to resign since the country voted against his proposals.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 10:28 AM

Real democracy is an illusion. The government in a ‘faux-democracy’ represent the interests of the rich and powerful. It will not change.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I think Cameron had no option but to resign since the country voted against his proposals.
I think he could have hung around long enough to have left us with a working government at this time, almost like he doesn't want brexit to work
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 10:54 AM

He has still hung around as you put it. He will hand over to a new PM when one is elected. Because he is not constantly in the news doesn't mean nothing is happening.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think he could have hung around long enough to have left us with a working government at this time, almost like he doesn't want brexit to work
He worked tirelessly trying to get the best deal for the UK to remain in the EU and also in the referendum for a remain vote. In the end the country voted to leave. If his advice was rejected and he didn't have the backing of the voters he had no option but to resign.
I think he is still hanging around until a new leader is found.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-07-2016, 11:06 AM

According to various speakers not much happening in government since he resigned, all the normal work has all but ceased and unlikely to start again until a new pm is in place. Just because it isn't in the news does mean a lot isn't being done according to those close to the top.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/07/10...orking-people/

Yeah right, of course she will. (Like hell)!!!
Oh! Ye of little faith!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 11:31 AM

I certainly do not envy anyone at the moment both sides. Thankless task. If you have ever seen documentaries about parliament. Most are great friends behind the scenes. They just fight for their beliefs and passion.

I used to love the great orators from the past. The likes of Barbara Castle and Dame Shirley Wliiliams.

Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top