Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:30 PM

Re: Black page in EU history

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Did I?

Just point me to it, would you?
Ok explain what you meant by the EU poking the Russian bear. It's your statement. If you see Ukraine as independent then joining the EU is not poking Russia. The EU Ukraine negotiations were going on for years with no problems. Why do you think the EU is poking Russia?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ok explain what you meant by the EU poking the Russian bear. It's your statement. If you see Ukraine as independent then joining the EU is not poking Russia. The EU Ukraine negotiations were going on for years with no problems. Why do you think the EU is poking Russia?
I really shouldn't have to explain such simple matters to you, should I?

Still, here we go.

The Ukraine, an independent country, lies between Poland and Russia (look at a map).

Poland is a NATO signatory; Russia is not.

NATO and Russia are, whilst not deadly enemies, are each afraid of the other's expansion.

As things stand, Russia sees the Ukraine as a buffer state - as long as it remains independent.

The expansionist EU would like to add the Ukraine to its empire. There would then be a direct face-to-face border between the EU and Russia.

NATO divisions would directly face Russian divisions.

Russia would have lost its buffer state.

(Actually, I'd prefer it if the much vaunted European Army directly faced Russia. Without the Yanks backing them up, I have every confidence that the glorious European Army would immediately run away!)

So, I never said your words: "You were saying they should answer to Russia and not make their own decisions to join the EU."

Are you big enough to apologise?

No. I thought not.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:53 PM

I really shouldn't have to explain such simple matters to you, should I?

Still, here we go.

The Ukraine, an independent country, lies between Poland and Russia (look at a map).

Poland is a NATO signatory; Russia is not.

NATO and Russia are, whilst not deadly enemies, are each afraid of the other's expansion.

As things stand, Russia sees the Ukraine as a buffer state - as long as it remains independent.

The expansionist EU would like to add the Ukraine to its empire. There would then be a direct face-to-face border between the EU and Russia.

NATO divisions would directly face Russian divisions.

Russia would have lost its buffer state.

(Actually, I'd prefer it if the much vaunted European Army directly faced Russia. Without the Yanks backing them up, I have every confidence that the glorious European Army would immediately run away!)

So, I never said your words: "You were saying they should answer to Russia and not make their own decisions to join the EU."

Are you big enough to apologise?

No. I thought not.
I see. So you think the EU should appease Russia in its desire to make "buffer states" of countries that were formerly in the Soviet Union? Exactly how is Ukraine "independent" if it has no self determination?

NB there is already a face to face border between the EU and Russia - or have you not checked the geography??? Russia also shares borders with NATO members.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:04 PM

I see. So you think the EU should appease Russia in its desire to make "buffer states" of countries that were formerly in the Soviet Union?
There you go again! Where did I say that the EU should appease Russia?
Moreover, Russia are not 'making buffer states'. The Ukraine is effectively a buffer state between Poland and Russia and, as such, benefits both of its neighbour states.

Exactly how is Ukraine "independent" if it has no self determination?
Again, who has claimed that the Ukraine has no self-determination? It is, as I have said many times, an independent nation.

I should give it a rest now, if I were you Annie, before you make yourself look even more silly.

You'll be pleased to know, though, that despite this silliness, I have no intention of adding you to my 'red list'.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-10-2018, 11:10 PM

"The Ukraine"? Are you Russian JBR?

You have said enough JBR. We can all see what side your bread is buttered and why you are so pro-brexit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-10-2018, 11:14 PM

By the way JBR you seem to have forgotten Poland has a direct border with Russia. I suggest you check your geography of the region.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-10-2018, 11:23 PM

"The Ukraine"? Are you Russian JBR?
For heaven's sake, what on earth is wrong now?

Please explain what is wrong with the use of the words 'The Ukraine'?

Is that offensive in some way, or are you perhaps just grasping at straws?

By the way, could you possibly consider attempting to answer my two questions in my previous post?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-10-2018, 11:27 PM

By the way JBR you seem to have forgotten Poland has a direct border with Russia. I suggest you check your geography of the region.
Er, you did look at a map of east Europe yourself, didn't you?

As hard as I look, I cannot see a direct border between Poland and Russia.

There is, however, a direct border between Poland and Belarus.

Still waiting for an apology. Any apology for any of your mistakes would do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-10-2018, 11:32 PM

For heaven's sake, what on earth is wrong now?

Please explain what is wrong with the use of the words 'The Ukraine'?

Is that offensive in some way, or are you perhaps just grasping at straws?

By the way, could you possibly consider attempting to answer my two questions in my previous post?
JBR don't feign ignorance. Your responses on the topic you have decided to debate are flawed and biased. "Buffer state" indeed.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well the figure on the bus which you quoted wasn't a definite it said we could not we will. Subtle difference that remainers seem unable to understand.

The rest has recently been disproved I can't find the link but only last month they admitted wages had been adversely affected and that most eu migrants earned far less than they needed to make them net pluses for the country and the benefits have over the years poured out of uk into other countries where they send their money home to. When you look at lack of houses it almost exactly mirrors number of eu migrants here which can't just be a coincidence.
As you say Julie, the bus had 'COULD' not 'would' . Remainers are disingenuous in their failure to note this not so subtle distinction.

One other point those dumbass Remainers fail to grasp when they are attempting to justify their thwarting of democracy with their bogus assertions is that it is irrelevant as to whether the 'NATION' is allegedly better off if that only
benefits the elite and those with their noses in the trough. If you are one of the millions who AREN'T benefitting from the EU and your life is materially affected to it's detriment you are not going to take the attitude of 'Oh Jolly whato! My life is shite , my prospects are f*cked and my community is an unrecognisable shit tip , but hey, I hear the 'Nation' has made a few extra bucks.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top