Join for free
Page 105 of 505 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 10:42 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've had the vaccination for pneumonia a few months ago Baz but the nurse told me, like the flu, it only covers a few strains and I believe there are around 90 strains of pneumonia.
Yes, they cannot hope to combat all strains even if they can, so it's said, prevent one or two. The offer was there so I took it, nothing to lose anyway and I do have other health issues too. Whatever strain the one was that I had it's probably never been heard of now after all these years!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I totally agree. This virus is much more dangerous than people think. The average flu kills only .1% of infected people. However, the covid-19, which has mutated into 2 distinct viruses, kills 2.4% of infected people.

It has not yet turned into a "wildfire", but it soon might. All it would take is for one single infected human to get on the London tube or the N.Y. C. subway at rush hour and it will be totally out of control.

One thing is certain. With my underlying health issues, (COPD and a poor heart), if I contract it, it will be GAME, SET, MATCH for me. All I hope for is that it will end me very quickly.
Look after yourself bakerman, and keep out of the crowds.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
My daughter has 'ordered' me to take my own bags to Morrisons and do not use a trolley or basket.
Makes sense.
I have started wearing rubber gloves shopping, Nobody bats an eyelid. I also wash my hands after putting everything away after getting back home.

Today's Asda shop was surreal. Whole shelves and sections cleared of certain foods. A single orange left, no lemons for example. Any root veg and anything non perishable gone. The staff at the checkout were saying it's crazy and there will be nothing left. Most bizarre was that alll the tampons and sanitary towels were cleared out. Absolutely no loo roll of course. Everything had been thrown about too and left in a right mess.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:38 PM

Never heard the term "thin" bleach. But you may be referring to laundry bleach ? Good Heavens. What do you use when laundering your white clothes ? I can't imagine doing my laundry without using Clorox bleach.
Thin bleach looks like water. We have Biological laundry powder here ,I think it gets whites whiter than white .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 11:42 PM

I totally agree. This virus is much more dangerous than people think. The average flu kills only .1% of infected people. However, the covid-19, which has mutated into 2 distinct viruses, kills 2.4% of infected people.

It has not yet turned into a "wildfire", but it soon might. All it would take is for one single infected human to get on the London tube or the N.Y. C. subway at rush hour and it will be totally out of control.

One thing is certain. With my underlying health issues, (COPD and a poor heart), if I contract it, it will be GAME, SET, MATCH for me. All I hope for is that it will end me very quickly.
Oh bless bakerman ,that must be scary to have on your mind , let me give you a cyber hug .
Zuleika
North West UK

07-03-2020, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have started wearing rubber gloves shopping, Nobody bats an eyelid. I also wash my hands after putting everything away after getting back home.

Today's Asda shop was surreal. Whole shelves and sections cleared of certain foods. A single orange left, no lemons for example. Any root veg and anything non perishable gone. The staff at the checkout were saying it's crazy and there will be nothing left. Most bizarre was that alll the tampons and sanitary towels were cleared out. Absolutely no loo roll of course. Everything had been thrown about too and left in a right mess.
Asda seems to the one big store where panic buying has been going on .
Women will always think what to use for necessaries in the event there are delivery problems ,hence the rush on toilet rolls and sanitary protection .
I read there was a sellout on long life milk too btw.
I went to Sainsburys again today they were out of Sild ,today plenty in .
No signs of panic buying really .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Asda seems to the one big store where panic buying has been going on .
Women will always think what to use for necessaries in the event there are delivery problems ,hence the rush on toilet rolls and sanitary protection .
I read there was a sellout on long life milk too btw.
I went to Sainsburys again today they were out of Sild ,today plenty in .
No signs of panic buying really .
I go there because they seem to be the only place to sell these fabulous gluten free noodles. They have by far the best gluten free food range. but it's a bit out of the way so usually I avoid it.

However, when you hear on the news that Lombardy in Italy is now in lockdown you can understand why people here are panicking. They are just now talking of the government announcing "new measures" so this is officially now scary. I'm less worried about the virus than about the knock on effects of the response. People of my generation have never seen anything like this. It's going to cause world recession the way things are going.
Zuleika
North West UK

08-03-2020, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I think it's no harsher than a nasty flu virus and when hit by them they do knock us off our feet . I believe it will be worrying for the vulnerable and elderly but then the flu virus is nasty isn't it .

Strangely enough it's not hitting the young thank goodness .

Yes of course we are all jittery and I understand that , non of us want it and are worried but I'm sure most healthy folk will get over it . Build yourself up with good vitamins now so you can fight it if you are unfortunate enough to catch it .

That's what I'm doing
You think it’s no nastier than a flu virus ? Hmmm .... you didn’t read the first hand account in The Daily Mail the other day by the young British man teaching English in China ?
This virus is after your lungs to settle in. J People who have suffered pneumonia and I had double pneumonia at 25 and almost died will know how this is to be dreaded and if you survive takes months to get over . That’s when you need the vitamins !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:28 AM

It's a worry

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:31 AM

As the great philosopher Doris Day once said, "Que Sera, Sera"

Page 105 of 505 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top