Join for free
Page 155 of 505 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:38 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, I realise that but where does one stop with all this? If a relative gets your shopping then those packages have also been handled by staff who stock the shelves, plus those who deliver to the shop / supermarket. What I do when shopping myself is to ensure I don't touch my face, eyes or nose after shopping. On arriving home wash my hands, unpack shopping and put it away, then wash my hands again. Also I wash my hands again before preparing food.

There is no way of being 100% sure about anything. Let's face it living life itself is 'dodgy', all we can do is take sensible steps to reduce risks accordingly. That is how I see it anyway.
I agree. We can only do what we can. I was thinking also of those customers who like to rummage through supermarket shelves in the hope of finding a product with a later sell by date. They have had their mitts all over it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:41 PM

Look on the bright side.......If the mortality rate is 3.7% then that leaves 96.3% who recover....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Look on the bright side.......If the mortality rate is 3.7% then that leaves 96.3% who recover....
My GP put everything into context for me after having a heart attack a while back. I was saying to her that I couldn't understand why that had happened. I don't drink, smoke, lead a riotous lifestyle, I have a good diet, don't eat 'junk food', look after myself etc. She said "yes, but you have overlooked one thing, you are a human being therefore fallible".

Nothing more needed to be said.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Forward
yeah sorry! ... wrong season...lol! I know what I mean,it will be lighter earlier!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Forward
No, she's right, Backward on 5th April 2020
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
My GP put everything into context for me after having a heart attack a while back. I was saying to her that I couldn't understand why that had happened. I don't drink, smoke, lead a riotous lifestyle, I have a good diet, don't eat 'junk food', look after myself etc. She said "yes, but you have overlooked one thing, you are a human being therefore fallible".

Nothing more needed to be said.
I have been vegetarian for a while trying to follow a strict anti inflammatory/anti cancer diet (as several family members have had it and no-one in our family has survived it) no alcohol, have never been a smoker anyway, no junk food (though I'd treated myself to an easter egg and a bottle of Baileys for Easter!)

Now after all that effort and getting myself from wheelchair-bound to semi mobile I could potentially be wiped out by a virus from the other side of the world!!!

I'm considering buying lamb and mint sauce (my fav sunday dinner that I've missed the most) and a large bottle of brandy if I'm not gonna make it to the end of this year!

Also noticed I'm feeling really paranoid, (though that could be the menopause! ) not heard from my younger sibling since end of Feb and getting convinced they've got corona virus and no-one's told me !
Susan68
Up North, UK

15-03-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Now I'm confused Isn't it usually the end of March?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I wonder if foreign Aid will increase and will we be getting any?
I think that one day we will become just another third-world country, going by the changes apparent in our society today.

Somehow, I can't imagine that richer and more civilised countries (India?) will send us the level of hand-outs that we have sent to them over the past many decades.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Swim I'm not talking about putting a big effort into policing. If the public health message is put out there strongly enough the public will police it themselves by telling others off. At the moment the message is stay away from people who appear ill. Well that's pretty useless until they start spluttering and coughing behind you. This happened to me at the post office the other day and I just walked well away from him. The idiot had plenty of room as it was just the two of us queuing in a massive space. But he moves closer as queuing idiots these days do. Yesterday I was in a supermarket and another idiot kept moving closer. I told him to stop and keep some space between us. He said he just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. What a twit. At least if there were an official message out there and signs up in supermarkets etc then such individuals would perhaps understand. We don't need the army just some simple messages about personal space.
I'm afraid you're making the mistake of assuming that most people possess a modicum of common sense. In reality, the opposite appears to be the case!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-03-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You're right. The Antipodes are completely backward!

Page 155 of 505 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top