Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 03:04 PM

Re: Dogs - can anyone recommend .....

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I used Glucasamine for years on several of my dogs. I have been taking it myself for a good few years now. I Really can't recommend it highly enough BUT, it MUST, be the Glucasamine only, nothing else mixed in with it and the tablet not the capsules. I get Tunnocks Teacakes, keep them in the fridge, and then you can cut one in half and push the pill into the marshmallow, the dogs just gobble it. Half a teacake a day does no harm. Also if you get the tablets you can cut one in half if you want to give a lesser dose.

Aren't they chocolate coated thought, Roxy?

It's obvously done yours no harm, but just from a personal point of view I would not give my dogs chocolate, especially every day.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 05:08 PM

It's a tiny bit on half a teacake Mups and a lot of it breaks off when you cut it in half. You can always pull any off if you want. And no it did no harm to any of my hairy ones.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, really research this Annie. I remember someone telling me how a joint supplement (supplied by the vet) had caused holes in her dog's stomach. If I see her again I will ask her which make it was.
Yikes! that's scary LD.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top