Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Re: Should Perfume And Aftershave Be Banned In Public Places?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Mr M has the same problem Art he starts to cough and sneeze walking through the perfume dept of a store and also by those shops that sell soap cut off blocks.

I don’t mind light fragrances .
I love perfume myself but it’s personal taste you don’t want to be gassed by someone else’s choice .
Better than walking through a corridor of smokers puffing their heads off outside shops pubs etc .
Muddy, l feel sorry for Mr M.

When my daughter lived with me she always used the liquid detergents for her washing.
When she took them out of the washing machine, you would have laughed at the sight of me diving out of the front door, gasping for fresh air.
The same when people pass me in the street or in a store, l can smell the pungent soap powder aroma coming from their clothes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You have a fan in Kitty (who also has a cure for SAD):

Very good, Bruce.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 02:08 PM

Eh!!!..deprive Me of My wee whiff of Youth Dew when I go out...nae chance Arty cos it makes Me feel Youthful again ..maybe You should be banned from ever leaving Your Home and complaining about Us (just kidding Kiddo)...mibbe
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Art, do you not wear perfume then?
No l don’t, Twink. Recently, I threw out nearly a full bottle of Escado perfume that my husband bought me about 20 years ago.
My ‘smell’ is of freshly bathed and hair washed in expensive Paul Mitchell shampoo.
I can take subtle perfumes on other people but not the powerful ones like Youth Dew, Poison or their modern equivalent that take over everyone else’s ‘space’.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When my daughter lived with me she always used the liquid detergents for her washing.
When she took them out of the washing machine, you would have laughed at the sight of me diving out of the front door, gasping for fresh air.
The same when people pass me in the street or in a store, l can smell the pungent soap powder aroma coming from their clothes.

That's probably because they use Aldi's:

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Eh!!!..deprive Me of My wee whiff of Youth Dew when I go out...nae chance Arty cos it makes Me feel Youthful again ..maybe You should be banned from ever leaving Your Home and complaining about Us (just kidding Kiddo)...mibbe
Yes, you’re right! May. I should be banned from leaving my home as l am just a Moaning Mini!

You use Youth Dew? Oh Dear, you’ll excuse me, whilst l bolt it. I’m too young to die!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

That's probably because they use Aldi's:

I’ll ask the pungent smellers the next time, l sniff one!

Good Housekeeping magazine like it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Artangel, my best friend is also sensitive to some "perfumes" and has similar reactions to you. She will start coughing and have breathing problems and nausea.
Not fun. But I don't really see how you can ban them.
I hate these plug in artificial air fresheners, yuk! It would be easier to ban them in public places but I can't see it happening.
Glanny, l feel sorry for your friend but then these days, people seem to becoming allergic to the strangest of things!
I wonder why?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Someone ought to invent a 'Smellometer.' Then if someone's scent is over a certain limit, they could be kicked out.
Mups, You must’ve noticed that l started this thread after reading the ‘perfume’ thread that you started.

Yes, a smellometer sounds a good idea. It could have an added hose to reduce the pungency!

I even come out of the dental practice l go to, smelling of my dentist!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Nah. I sympathise Art but I can't see that one happening. Not in public leastways. I mean smoking hasn't even been banned in public yet has it?..And by public I mean everywhere apart from your own home - with no children or pets around - Don't think so. But the workplace is a different deal. You can't smoke, talk, smile, eat, drink (anything) tell a joke, break wind, say something nice to somebody else or even bloody sit down sometimes in workplaces these days. So I can't see why perfumes and colognes couldn't be banned. There so many people looking for work I think you tell them to come to work in a suit of armour - odourless of course - and some of them would to get a job
Keezoy, I know, it will never happen. I am being pie in the sky here!
Seeing as l and other sufferers are the problem. Maybe, we should wear one of those clear plastic globes on our heads when we go out amongst the public!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top