Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Re: Woman charged with dog drowning

Unfortunately, there are an awful lot of absolute brarstards who are the harshest victims of cruelty against dogs. Many are blatant thefts, sometimes for fighting, sometimes for puppy mills.

We have a good friend of ours, a professional dog trainer, who is on the case for missing and often cruelty victims.

Dog T.A.G is one these awareness organisations.

My blood boils.......
I can't express my self adequately..........
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 09:42 PM

http://www.scoopyweb.com/2020/11/the-mo ... bella.html

More....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
An evil act to be sure. Can we assume that the woman in question was severely punished?
I think not.

From what I've seen, we don't do any realistic punishments for people who do things like that.

If I thought I'd get away with it, I'd tie a rock around her neck and throw her in. Poetic justice - the only thing that really works to my mind.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think not.

From what I've seen, we don't do any realistic punishments for people who do things like that.

If I thought I'd get away with it, I'd tie a rock around her neck and throw her in. Poetic justice - the only thing that really works to my mind.

People have been campaigning and badgering their MP's and Parliament for a very long time to get proper sentences passed for animal theft and cruelty, because they have always been classed as 'possessions' like a watch or mobile phone, instead of living, sentient members of a family.

I am not sure where it stands at the moment with everything else going on though I believe it almost passed back in April - till Covington took over everything.
I believe police dogs, working dogs and assistance dogs are better protected in law though.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 01:53 AM

Poor thing. Let's hope that she gets adopted into a new and loving home.

Remains a complete mystery why the owner didn't approach the RSPCA (or similar) and advise them that she was unable to keep the dog any longer. Surely there are charities who will look after them?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 04:40 AM

There are also evil people .
If you want rid of a dog and won’t pay to have it at the very least humanely put down or the petrol to take it to a charity just tie it up to a lampost and someone will report it and the police will take it away.
I suppose they thought ( there was someone else involved too ) it would be traced by its micro chip ( it was )
This is not the first time people do this to unwanted dogs .
They drop them down wells leave them in empty buildings to die slow horrible deaths.
The sentences at derisory at the moment .
These are poor sentient animals .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:37 AM

I dare not read the opening post the name of the thread is enough for me to know how horrible it is. I hope that whoever did this is punished severely....if I had my way I would have their pictures displayed throughout their neighbourhood....the terrible thing is that this poor dog would still run to these vile owners for protection....how vile and cruel can people be.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:52 AM

Facebook has been doing a good job at that .
Charlene Latham and Leigh Johnson from Infracombe Devon.
But they tried to kill the dog in Nottingham .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

29-11-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Facebook has been doing a good job at that .
Charlene Latham and Leigh Johnson from Infracombe Devon.
But they tried to kill the dog in Nottingham .
Sad. And too many.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

30-11-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Sad. And too many.
More abuse............

"Just Cruel': Former workers speak out
Two former workers at the alleged puppy farm have laid bare the disgusting conditions dozens of animals were subjected to – with one claiming there were 125 dogs and cats on the property at one stage.

Tiegan Walker, a dog walker from Perth with qualifications in animal care, and a second person who wished to remain anonymous both spent less than a day working at the property before leaving in disgust.

They responded to adverts posted on Gumtree for an “in house dog and cat carer and cleaner” offering £1,000 a month to live on the site."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top