Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 04:08 PM

Re: Rosie

Two phone calls since Rosie admittance,both asking permission to take bloods ,biopsy,etc,of course he mentioned the price so far £500, before he has even looked in her mouth,I trust David, he is the professional not me, waiting on my 3 rd phone call, I do hope it’s only her teeth that are the problem, I just want her home, her beds already, warm and cosey.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Two phone calls since Rosie admittance,both asking permission to take bloods ,biopsy,etc,of course he mentioned the price so far £500, before he has even looked in her mouth,I trust David, he is the professional not me, waiting on my 3 rd phone call, I do hope it’s only her teeth that are the problem, I just want her home, her beds already, warm and cosey.
Pauline I feel your pain.... both the worry about a friend and the cost.
I spent over £500 on Chloe during the summer and hours standing outside the surgery in a mask.
Chloe initially went to have her teeth cleaned but never got that far when a pre op blood test showed raised liver enzymes .
After many tests and no resolution I was told to see how she goes and a halt was called to more tests . She has been fine raised enzymes or not.

Here teeth I have sorted myself with daily brushing with a good toothpaste,Gentle dog bones and a canine mouth wash. I have reduced the tartar by three quarters.

Hoping Rosie will be back with you soon
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pauline I feel your pain.... both the worry about a friend and the cost.
I spent over £500 on Chloe during the summer and hours standing outside the surgery in a mask.
Chloe initially went to have her teeth cleaned but never got that far when a pre op blood test showed raised liver enzymes .
After many tests and no resolution I was told to see how she goes and a halt was called to more tests . She has been fine raised enzymes or not.

Here teeth I have sorted myself with daily brushing with a good toothpaste,Gentle dog bones and a canine mouth wash. I have reduced the tartar by three quarters.

Hoping Rosie will be back with you soon

Thank you Meg, I’m glad Chloe is doing ok, it’s the not knowing isn’t it.

Rosie blood cells are very low plus I didn’t realise how much weight she has lost, last time she was weighed at vets, 5 and a half kg, they now says she weighs 4 kg, they are keeping her overnight as she has been up and down, also been shivering so they said they put her on a heat pad, I’m off to bed I wear myself out with worry, thanks again for everyone support I will have to wait until tomorrow.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 07:17 PM

Pauline, I do hope that Rosie will be ok.

Let's hope you get good news tomorrow.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:53 AM

How's Rosie this morning, Pauline?
Have they discovered exactly what is wrong with her yet?
I hope all's well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-12-2020, 02:10 PM

My poor little girl had to be put down today,they couldn’t control her glucose,she kept having seizures,plus she had a huge mass in her pancreas, they advised me to put her to sleep as she was suffering.

I can’t believe she has gone, as it all happened so quickly.

I will never have another dog ,I think the pain of losing a pet gets harder as you get older...rip my little princess.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 02:12 PM

Hi Pauline, Sorry for the late response but l have only just seen this thread.
My little poodle always had trouble with his teeth and had lots of them out. It used to be £300 plus every time they were extracted or cleaned. It’s right what you say, you love your dog so much that you would give everything you have so that they are ok.

Edited to say....
Oh my goodness Pauline, l have just seen your post that came in whilst l was typing and sending my post. I am so, so sorry.
You did your very best for Rosie and that’s all l can say... as l feel so upset at this very sad outcome ....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 02:25 PM

Oh Pauline, I’m so, so sorry to hear this update.

What a terrible shock it must be for you. Try to keep thinking Rosie is no longer in pain, no longer suffering and she is now at rest.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 02:46 PM

Pauline I am so sorry
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 06:20 PM

Oh Pauline, I am really sad to here this. Hugs to you.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top