Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 12:49 PM

Re: Christmas Arrangements.

I( know Christmas won't be as it usually is, but I would like ro say to all of you, the person hosting our Family Christmas is often stressed out in the few days before, so look on the bright side. It may be easier for the cook, less disagreements when somebody has too much to drink and the only person who will steal Santa's mince pie will be you!

Try to find some positives from your quieter Christmas and contact the people you are missing by phone or the internet. It may not be the best Christmas, but enjoy the chance to relax & do whatever you want to do.
By not seeing those we love this year, the action of staying home alone may help you avoid this virus and make future Christmases something to look forward too!

I would like to wish all of you a happy, but safe, Christmas in 2020!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 04:06 PM

Good post Twink, it's going to be very strange this year.

I will be on the phone to both my son and daughter throughout the day to make things easier.

A very happy Christmas to you and your feline friends...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 09:43 AM

Hi

Christmas Day will be entirely on my own, a very strange situation.

I hhave the day planned, a man thing.

Every Star wars Film from start to finish.

My heart diet is going out of the window for one day.

I also have two bottles of very good wine for the day.

Boxing Day will be boring, back to normal.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 10:24 AM

We have an Iceland delivery coming today but even if that is short of a few items, we have enough goodies for Christmas and food for beyond that.

I expect Mrs mart will carry on with her crafts (making things with beads). I might spend a bit of time at the computer (maybe draw a picture) but mostly watch TV. Perhaps I'll watch a long Netflix serial.

There will also be Whatsapp and Zoom family hook-ups. We'll have the Christmas lights on, wear warm clothing and all will be well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 10:27 AM

I'll be on my own too this year, same as many other people will.
I was invited to my son's house, but have finally decided not to go as they have a couple of other guests too.

It won't be the same this year, but better to be safe than sorry
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I( know Christmas won't be as it usually is, but I would like ro say to all of you, the person hosting our Family Christmas is often stressed out in the few days before, so look on the bright side. It may be easier for the cook, less disagreements when somebody has too much to drink and the only person who will steal Santa's mince pie will be you!

Try to find some positives from your quieter Christmas and contact the people you are missing by phone or the internet. It may not be the best Christmas, but enjoy the chance to relax & do whatever you want to do.
By not seeing those we love this year, the action of staying home alone may help you avoid this virus and make future Christmases something to look forward too!

I would like to wish all of you a happy, but safe, Christmas in 2020!

That's how I feel about it Twink. Good post.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'll be on my own too this year, same as many other people will.
I was invited to my son's house, but have finally decided not to go as they have a couple of other guests too.

It won't be the same this year, but better to be safe than sorry
Don't worry Mups, I will be popping in here during the day just to annoy you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't worry Mups, I will be popping in here during the day just to annoy you.

Thank Gawd for that.
Can't have a Christmas without you annoying me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 05:04 AM

Since my son arrived yesterday I have just spent a fair proportion of Christmas Adam and Christmas Eve working on installing my son's solar system on his Nissan Navara. As I type he is making a quick dash to his Sydney residence to pick up an awning so we can install that on the vehicle as well tomorrow!

It will be a strange Christmas this year that is for sure.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top